RSV Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's been really agitated the past couple hours, enough that they turned up the sedative, finally decided to see how he does without the mask and he seems so much more comfortable...

bb59679b111b61dca4c5400275e0dc11.jpg

Looks much more comfortable. Sorry you guys are having to deal with this. If you need anything let us help. Are you at Children's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christmas day ended up bringing our 2 month old to OU Children's with respiratory distress and fatigue. ER waiting room was full, almost to standing room only. They triaged him and O2 sat was at 72% so they brought us back immediately, while plenty of people made comments loud enough for us to hear about how they've been waiting for hours and they should get to go back first. Had to bite my tongue.

Admitted a couple hours later, moved to step down unit shortly after since he was still declining, then moved to PICU where they could have him sedated and on a ventilator. That was Wednesday morning and we're still in PICU and likely will be for a couple more days. RSV, bronchiolitis, bronchial hypertension, and pneumonia.

I'm grateful for nurses and doctors and ventilators, but this whole deal seriously sucks. I'm not good at not being in control of things and not at least having some options of how I can fix it.

I know I'm just complaining/venting and should be grateful that with 6 kids this is our first stint in NICU/PICU, and I really am glad about that, just wish he didn't have to go through this.

2af0c9f198fdb614fc844a20b6668158.jpg

Poor little man....Wish him a speedy recovery. It's commendable that you bit your tongue in the waiting room. People are morons.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate, hate, hate seeing the little ones sick. My daughter worked in the NICU and covered at times in the PICU there for over 12 years. He's in good hands. She just recently moved on to a better position. It was her dream job and she loved it and loves helping the little ones. I don't know how she does it, she works with the worst cases so it doesn't always end happily. She says it's her calling. They'll get him squared away I'm sure. Praying...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christmas day ended up bringing our 2 month old to OU Children's with respiratory distress and fatigue. ER waiting room was full, almost to standing room only. They triaged him and O2 sat was at 72% so they brought us back immediately, while plenty of people made comments loud enough for us to hear about how they've been waiting for hours and they should get to go back first. Had to bite my tongue.

Admitted a couple hours later, moved to step down unit shortly after since he was still declining, then moved to PICU where they could have him sedated and on a ventilator. That was Wednesday morning and we're still in PICU and likely will be for a couple more days. RSV, bronchiolitis, bronchial hypertension, and pneumonia.

I'm grateful for nurses and doctors and ventilators, but this whole deal seriously sucks. I'm not good at not being in control of things and not at least having some options of how I can fix it.

I know I'm just complaining/venting and should be grateful that with 6 kids this is our first stint in NICU/PICU, and I really am glad about that, just wish he didn't have to go through this.

2af0c9f198fdb614fc844a20b6668158.jpg

I'm so sorry for this. I will pray and keep you and family (particularly that wonderful child) in my thoughts. If I can do anything, just ask.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just got moved from PICU to step down unit - they needed beds for kids worse off than him and he's surprising everybody with how well he's doing. They've been able to get him of the ventilator and completely off sedation. He had a really rough 6 hours after ceasing sedation but because of how well he responded that should be a good indicator of future progress. Hopefully I'm being coherent, I'm a little tired right now, go figure... Thanks for the support guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom