Ruger announces new firearm to honor the Wisconsin union strike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lmfao: :lmfao:

I didn't think it would come to this...Someone better call.

astandupwithpetedominick.com_forums_images_smilies_wambulance_logo.jpg

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking for those of us with years of excellent performance reviews, 60 hour weeks and satisfied clients, whose jobs were shipped overseas,..... <bleep> you!
I thought I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, but I'll make an exception for you.

Happened to me in 93. As a result I went back to college, got a degree in Finance and have enjoyed uninteruppted employment and way, way higher compensation rates than I would have earned if I'd stayed a technician.

Of course I could have cried and whined, taken up drinking and gone on the government dole. Somehow though with 3 teenage daughters at the time that didn't seem like much of an option.

Life is what you make of it. There's good. There's bad. You enjoy the good and fix the bad. Pretty simple actually.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When are jobs going to stop going over seas? When do I stop going on to the next company? When did Limbaugh listeners fall in love with their bosses? Will your boss let me ride in his jet?

Jobs go overseas because businesses exist to make profits for their owners - be they publicly or privately held - be they large or small. US businesses have cut costs to the bone and have become the most productive in the world but in many cases they still cannot compete in domestic and international markets because the cost of labor in the US is prohibitive. Paying a guy $26/hour to drive a forklift or push a button on an assembly line. Please?

So to answer your question - from a purely economics 101 point of view:

Jobs will stop going over seas when the equilibrium price of labor in the international market place is reached.

Guess what that means in the long run for the forklift guy making $26/hour?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happened to me in 93. As a result I went back to college, got a degree in Finance and have enjoyed uninteruppted employment and way, way higher compensation rates than I would have earned if I'd stayed a technician.

Of course I could have cried and whined, taken up drinking and gone on the government dole. Somehow though with 3 teenage daughters at the time that didn't seem like much of an option.

Life is what you make of it. There's good. There's bad. You enjoy the good and fix the bad. Pretty simple actually.

Right on!!

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

WOW..I've enjoyed all the different views but this one is great..well said Sir..:clap3:

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happened to me in 93. As a result I went back to college, got a degree...

Way to go Werewolf, cool story. If you don't mind my asking what methods did you use to keep paying all the bills during your hiatus from work? I ask because sometimes I think it might be nice to go back to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom