Ruger Firearms Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a quick bit about my recent experience with Ruger Firearms.

I noticed the slide on my P90 was dragging a bit during disassembly so I started trying to trouble shoot the problem. While doing this I noticed that the frame was broken where the guide rod meets the frame. Looked like a piece of the frame had chipped off. Feeling this made the firearm unsafe, I called Ruger who asked me to ship it back to them. Sent it off on a Monday, and that Friday I had an email from them saying they were not able to repair the firearm and I should go to their website and pick out a new one.

This week, I will be placing an order with them for a brand new SR45. Of course they will have to send this to an FFL and I will have to do a NICS check and pay for the FFL transfer, but the replacement firearm is free of charge.

Every time I have had to deal with Ruger, their customer service has been exceptional and they have taken care of any issues I have had.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've had more trouble than I ever had. I've had several and never had any problems. Wish I had a few of them back after trading them off.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a NAA 22 mag go through a fire .Sent to them to get it checked out. They sent me a new one ups at my home address no charge. P. S. Called ruger About about one that had burned also. They told me tough ****

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger is my favorite gun manufacturer for a few reasons. Their customer service is second to none and their firearms have a reputation for accuracy and durability (even though your frame broke lol...think Vaquero vs any other cowboy style revolver) My first 1911 was an sr1911 and i still believe it is the best that can be bought for under $700. Ive never had to send one to them but you see threads like this all over the internet talking about the quality of their customer service.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Ruger super fan lol. Primarily Ruger revolvers, both single and double action, but I wouldn't hesitate to own anything marked Ruger. With the exception of Colt and Freedom Arms, there's not a single other manufacturer of single action revolvers that I will buy other than Ruger. I love the GP100, my current GP is a stainless Wiley Clapp Talo model, it's just such a cool and fun gun to shoot in addition to looking great. I do have a .44 magnum revolver but it's a S&W 629 V-Comp, not a Ruger but it's .44 magnum perfection and if Ruger had offered something similar I likely would have gone with Ruger. If Ruger ever creates a custom shop like S&W's "Performance Center" I'll be tickled pink. Plenty of room for both brands though.

I've never had to send anything back to Ruger but I feel good knowing that should I ever need to they will take care of the problem.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They're a real top notch company to deal with for sure. our set of New Vaquero's will far outlast us. They will, no doubt, end up handed down for generations.

We also have a pair of very nice Uberti's. They are more faithful to the original Colt SAA, but comparing them to Ruger's is almost unfair.

The Rugers are tanks. Tough as nails.

The Uberti's are lighter, more refined, not quite as heavy. For me they are faster in competition. Our daughter shoots the rugers because she likes them and we like the margin of safety they provide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom