Rut Report 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had two 140" plus come within 75 yards yesterday morning. Both were following separate doe. One non typical and the other a heavy and wide 9. I saw a 8 pt seeking a doe this morning. Dang goathead sand spurs are everywhere and you find them in the dangest places on yourself!

No kidding! I’ve got new patches of the crap all over. Walking in them flips them all over your legs.
Wondering if all the rainfall made the darn things take off?

My wife always seems to find the ones that I don't! :)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Crap, crap ,crap ... Bit by a fiddle back weekend before last and I am pretty sure it is not going to be healed enough to chance going this weekend!! Guess I will just sit home and drink and pout like a little biotch:grumble: Keeping fingers crossed that I see a huge improvement before Friday!!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all are killing me with these rut reports! Killing me I say....wish I was in a stand. I agree on the sand burs, my farm in Logan County has never had them but it does this year, I thought I may have brought them in on a tractor tire or something. I hate them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Crap, crap ,crap ... Bit by a fiddle back weekend before last and I am pretty sure it is not going to be healed enough to chance going this weekend!! Guess I will just sit home and drink and pout like a little biotch:grumble: Keeping fingers crossed that I see a huge improvement before Friday!!

Did it bite your trigger finger or what??? :) Glad you're on the mend, those wounds are not fun to heal most of the time.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all are killing me with these rut reports! Killing me I say....wish I was in a stand. I agree on the sand burs, my farm in Logan County has never had them but it does this year, I thought I may have brought them in on a tractor tire or something. I hate them.

I feel your pain. I get to read it on here and watch it from my cameras from 500 miles away but can’t do a dang thing about it.

More than likely, I’m done for this season, but that also means work is good. Work being good is what enables me to get to keep my place up there, so off to work I go...:anyone:

JMullinax

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1E6DA9C9-35E0-4650-901D-AA0F86BE59C0.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom