Ryan Broyles Skipping Draft, Returning For Senior Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
excuse me.... but when, exactly did the whole "student athlete" thing get to be a crock of Sh*t anyway?

Getting a degree is kinda the point isn't it... and if you make your school look good by playing a kids sport so be it.

If the NFL wanted a training ground they should have spent some bucks on a farm system............

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who says he's not getting a degree?

That's why he's staying. I get a little lost when folks dis that with the "make money now in the NFL" logic.

We could loose count of the folks who have gone into Pro Sports for a cup of coffee and never gained a thing from it. Bravo for this kid... I hope he goes far into whatever his life leads him into- with an education.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lock out or not - both NFL owners and players association favor a rookie salary cap. If that's in the next CBA, won't matter if you're the #1 pick or not - no more 75 million dollar contracts until AFTER it's proven the player is worth it, not before as it is now

Glad Broyles, et. al., are staying. Will be good for them in the long run and good for OU fans in the short!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You realize that he'll be graduating this May with his degree from the College of Arts and Science?

If he's got a good agent,that degree will net him per year what he's make in 1/2,not even a full game.Yeah go college degree.If he chooses,he can always go back to school after his NFL career.He can drive to class in his new Bentley.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally on the education point I say congrats. Nice to see guys willing to finish out their college instead of jumpin ship to make a buck. He knows with the records he has set & performance he has given to this point that if he gets another season like that under his belt he will still most likely go first round & make the multi-millions everyone thinks he should cash in early.

On the money point I have thought for a long time all these guys are overpaid. A couple million I can get for a contract, but come on, 75 million. Thats retarded money to play a sport for a living.

Latest posts

Top Bottom