This is quite interesting as well as disturbing - Obama is dangerous to all of us!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what would save even more lives? If we minded our god damn business and quit interfering in the affairs of foreigners.

If only Al Queida would do the same. Unfortunately, that is not reality.

I think if we followed the first text quoted Al Qaeda wouldn't hate us so much. So it would be a reality.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think if we followed the first text quoted Al Qaeda wouldn't hate us so much. So it would be a reality.

No, they would hate us just as much because it our very lifestyle - whether they call us vile secularists or cursed crusaders or zionist tools that particular day (though I guess the last would fade if we let our only real middle-east ally die on the vine).
They might, possibly, make us a lower priority target if they knew we would simply let every other outpost of Western civilization fall one piece at at a time as we slowly became irrelevant to the world. Oh and yes, there would still be a question of what the world around us was doing. A self-absorbed, inward looking US will only make a worse world by allowing countries with far more sinister intent, and growing capability fill whatever void we leave.

Sorry, I have never bought into and still do not believe that the simplistic "just stay within our borders" plan will work. Heck it didn't really last much past George Washington's time.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you mean the Al Qaeda we helped create when we trained, funded and armed Mujihadeen fighters in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation, and subsequently dropped like a hot rock as soon as the Soviet troops pulled out? That Al Qaeda? :rolleyes2

Maybe. Or he might be referring to the one we were fighting alongside just a few months ago in Libya.

The whole "Al Qaeda" thing is a boogeyman to give us an excuse to exercise our will over even more of the globe.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's pretty sad that they had to write a book about how it's okay to torture people, because look, we get intel from them when we do it!

You have to fight fire with fire. You can't defeat an enemy that's playing dirty by being nice. These people hate us and want to kill us if torturing him saved lives it was well worth it

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, they would hate us just as much because it our very lifestyle - whether they call us vile secularists or cursed crusaders or zionist tools that particular day (though I guess the last would fade if we let our only real middle-east ally die on the vine).
They might, possibly, make us a lower priority target if they knew we would simply let every other outpost of Western civilization fall one piece at at a time as we slowly became irrelevant to the world. Oh and yes, there would still be a question of what the world around us was doing. A self-absorbed, inward looking US will only make a worse world by allowing countries with far more sinister intent, and growing capability fill whatever void we leave.

Sorry, I have never bought into and still do not believe that the simplistic "just stay within our borders" plan will work. Heck it didn't really last much past George Washington's time.

That is precisely the British attitude that Washington fought against. Isn't it a little more self-absorbed to think we know what's best for the entire world and that we should be policing everyone?

Seems like we've never given "leave us alone and we'll leave you alone" a chance since Washington's time - and that's not really worked out super-well for us.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Instead we bankrupt ourselves and our future chasing cavemen through caves and invading meaningless bullies.

I can understand if you are objecting to a particular fight - I may not agree but that's why we have public debates/discussions. I am however taking issue with the idea that we have no right to, for instance, hunt down terrorists - in whatever manner we see fit - to protect our people, our institutions, and our way of life. You may think this instance is the wrong fight but I don't accept the proposition that the whole idea is unsupportable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom