Saiga ban?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some posts on several sites the past week about saiga 12's specifically having been banned from being imported. Is there any truth to this anyone's heard of? Last I heard about a ban was a few years back and it blew over. I only have one s12 and planned on another one after my next ar build but I might flip that if this is true at all. I don't think it is as I can't find a legitimate source but figured I'd ask anyway.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure if Feinstein gets her bill passed they are gone.

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation according to Feinstein's website:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

* 120 specifically-named firearms

* Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

* Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

* Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

* Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

* Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

*Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, not yet. Do your part, call and write your congressmen. Sen Feinstein is introducing new legislation in 2013 to ban them and alot of other things. We need to get active and let them know this is not exceptable.
Thanks

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure if Feinstein gets her bill passed they are gone.

As if all you summarized isn't bad enough, she also included a couple of other significant items (taxes and confiscation):

-Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

-“assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To bad that there is not enough friendly press to dig into her husbands dealing with the government. She headed up a military spending committee a few years back and her husbands company got millions in contracts from that committee. If the press really started digging maybe she could be forced to resign.

Some reading about her.

http://www.onecitizenspeaking.com/2009/04/dianne-feinstein-oops-i-did-it-again.html

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to the local ATF a few weeks ago about my Saiga 12. One of the guys I talked to said that there was talks going on about them again. He did not go into alot of detail, but he said they fall into their own little group for some reason.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 10-12 years ago when I was living in the Houston/Galveston area I purchased my first Saiga shotgun. Even back then the guys I would shoot with were talking rumors about the BATFE making this a DD. A "DD" is considered a destructive device and subject to Class III "type" paperwork and tax.

Rumor back then was the BATFE was going to make it a DD, like the street sweeper shotgun and subject to stated paperwork and tax(tax stamp). Never happened, but it migjt be up for legal discussion now, who knows??

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom