sandbass yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone catching any sandies yet? I'm thinkin' it ought to be about time, grandpa always said when the dogwoods start to bloom the sandbass should start spawning.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, drove to the cimmaron west of mannford, 3 people fishing 3-1/2 hours, ONE VERY SMALL sandbass. must not be holding my mouth right. gonna try chouteau bend tomorrow i think.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't turned on yet in Northern Ok. I'm thinking the warm weather coming this week will get them moving up the creeks. Crappie are doing good, moving into shallow water.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of us went fishing last Thursday before the weather turned cold and had no problem catching sand bass. Not sure the exact number that we caught total but the one guy who wanted to keep the bigger fish we caught left with 45 bass and 10-15 catfish. We were fishing for about 4-5 hours and I would estimate the number of fish caught between 75-100.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A couple of us went fishing last Thursday before the weather turned cold and had no problem catching sand bass. Not sure the exact number that we caught total but the one guy who wanted to keep the bigger fish we caught left with 45 bass and 10-15 catfish. We were fishing for about 4-5 hours and I would estimate the number of fish caught between 75-100.

Dang, help a fellow yukonite out and tell me where you were catching them at. My girls and my nephews would love to get into some sandbass. And they would especially love eating them after watching ME clean them for them! I always get stuck with the sucky job. But it's worth it.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, help a fellow yukonite out and tell me where you were catching them at. My girls and my nephews would love to get into some sandbass. And they would especially love eating them after watching ME clean them for them! I always get stuck with the sucky job. But it's worth it.

I was fishing on Lake Konawa. Unfortunately where I was standing you have to be an employee of OG&E or tag along with someone who works for OG&E because we were inside the power plant's fence. They were biting very well. When their bite died out, the largemouths came in to be followed by catfishing.

If you are an OG&E employee, then you will probably not be kicking yourself to make the drive down. A co-worker went back Saturday and Sunday and had good results even if with the weather bring a lot colder than it was Thursday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom