Satellite internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is your telephone provider? I thought AT&T had DSL available any place they had a phone line. When I got mine you had to be within a mile of some switch or something, but, I thought that changed either last winter or this spring. At work we are on a satellite system and it's not to bad. It will play a low res. youtube video with only a few buffering stops.

Last edited:

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had Hughes.net installed Friday after moving out of town and inaccessable to DSL via ATT. Just as fast as the DSL we had in town (Grove) with 2 computers running general web surfing. Happy so far!

Soothsayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll look into the EVDO. Is it fast? What about videos? ATT is my phone provider--and no, nothing is available from them. Don't get me started on ATT. THanks for all the help guys.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You would be surprised of the places that do not have any choices...... I have line of sight highspeed within 9 miles of me but I am not line of sight..... ATT says I will never have any highspeed land line where I am at and I live less than a quarter mile off of a major highway. Have checked into the cellphone cards and would cost more and drop speed and how much I can download with what is avaliable to me at my location.

I spend HOURS on the internet trying to find something better, but it comes down to sometimes satellite is the only choice

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DON'T GET HUGHSNET!!!! These guys suck big time. We just payed them off to get away from them(about $400). They were great during their 30 day trial, then it slowed down, kept getting disconected, and worst of all, their customer service sucks ( one of those India call centers). Our speed wasn't even what we were paying for. Just my .02 worth.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll look into the EVDO. Is it fast? What about videos? ATT is my phone provider--and no, nothing is available from them. Don't get me started on ATT. THanks for all the help guys.
It's VERY fast, much faster than my wireless at my old house. There are no FAP limits (check into that with other providers, it's important), no limits at all. The best part about it is that you can take it anywhere, on the road, laptop at gun shows, out in the woods, where ever. There are other companies that offer it, but I've found Millinecom to be one of the bes.t

Latest posts

Top Bottom