Saw a bald eagle this afternoon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
We see quite a few of them out here in (Delaware County, sticks) behind the house this time of the year. I shot a coyote out back some years back and it surprised me when I saw Bald Eagles eating it a day or two later. Here's a lame pic - the coyote carcass is just to the left of the eagle.

1eagle.jpg

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here in Adair County I know of 3 active bald eagle nests and have seen several bald eagles in various places during the summer but have not discovered the nest they are utilizing.

During the winter migration we have LOTS of bald eagles, I've seen a dozen at a time enjoying the treats of chicken house compost sheds, and on numerous occasions I've seen 8-10 bald eagles perched together along the Upper Illinois River.

What I have found interesting is the lesser known presence of the golden eagles we have in eastern Oklahoma. I myself have never knowingly laid eyes on one in Oklahoma. But this fall, while investigating a deer that had been killed by a cat, I got these pictures of a sub-adult golden eagle in eastern Adair County. I believe most of the time when we see one, especially in flight we will assume it to be an immature bald eagle.

Just thought some might find it as interesting as I have.
golden1.JPG
golden2.JPG
golden3.JPG

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen Goldens here on occasion, frequenting the Salt Plains area I suppose. For whatever reason I almost never see them in flight but always setting in a field or on a power pole close to the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom