School me on electric lawn mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always get a lawn mower like this.

b88cd1b903b520c29ddb455c8758f760.jpg

I agree with this, but does she trim the bushes?

Rick,
On a serious note - have you considered any cheap lawn mowing services?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with this, but does she trim the bushes?

Rick,
On a serious note - have you considered any cheap lawn mowing services?
Yes we had a guy mow most of last year, but frankly I need the exercise badly. It is a little rough on my breathing but good for my heart and legs. Looks like we may just take our ICE mower into the shop if I can not get it running.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used one for several years at our lake property and it worked good on high grass or regular. Gave.it to my widowed daughter for her yard a year or so ago. Missed it at the lake and bought another. It's corded tho',, not battery. Sold the lake property and it's in the shed awaiting a garage sale. $65 if you are interested.

Attachments

• 20220303_132026.jpg
    20220303_132026.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 34

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used one for several years at our lake property and it worked good on high grass or regular. Gave.it to my widowed daughter for her yard a year or so ago. Missed it at the lake and bought another. It's corded tho',, not battery. Sold the lake property and it's in the shed awaiting a garage sale. $65 if you are interested.
Where do you live? Would it fit in the back of a small SUV. That might be a cheap way to see if an electric will even handle our weed filled lawn.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Ryobi. I would bog down if you didn't mow often.
We had a small yard to mow. After I added a larger den on the house, then a huge deck, a dog kennel and storage shed.
I could mow the entire the lawn in 45 minutes, mowing once a week.

Sold it, after moving. Takes 2 hours, with a zero turn, now.

BUT, they Ryobi was nice. No gas can. Flip switch and it started. Quiet. Lightweight.

Wasn't self-propelled, but was easier than the self-propelled it replaced.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think our son bought a Ryobi (or some other "major" brand) battery powered mower, mostly because his other electric tools would use the same battery. He has something like five of the batteries and he had to use all five to mow his town residential yard. He broke down then and bought a corded one and is much happier. Not sure of what brand his corded one is.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in SW OKC near Moore. It fits in my daughter's small suv. This corded one is much more powerful than you would think. Weeds at the lake sometimes got high before I got down there. Very easy to push and adj. height also. It's near new.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in SW OKC near Moore. It fits in my daughter's small suv. This corded one is much more powerful than you would think. Weeds at the lake sometimes got high before I got down there. Very easy to push and adj. height also. It's near new.
Sounds good but it will be a few days before we can get down there, maybe the weekend. Wifey is sick again with a major sinus event. Even the dogs are hiding from her. :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom