second opinion on Astra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on the Astra Constable. Nice little 380, a little older but I have no idea about reliability or parts (mags etc).

Any thoughts?

Eightuhp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one a few years ago. Heavy little thing and would eat anything i fed it. Makes a nice little truck gun. Never had any problems other than the spent cases would discharge about 25ft. Give it a good cleaning, oil it up and throw it in the glove box.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are good little guns, yet your limited on parts, egunparts has some, and the Astra Constable has been off the market for a couple of decades if not more.

ltdavel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the "old days" - 1970's - a lot of police officers who couldn't afford a Walther PPK bought a Constable as a hide out gun because they were relatively small for the time and were considered to be quite reliable. 40 years ago the PPK was thought of as the only decent .380 or .32 auto on the market and Astra intended to get some of that business. I understand that the Astras were pretty decent little pistols. They were designed back in the days when most people loaded ball ammunition so I'd make sure that I tried the gun with modern hollow points. I've seen magazines for sale. As far as other stuff I really don't know.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago my no-brother-good-in-law had an astra .380. He thought a lot of it and always talking about it in glowing terms. If the urge hit I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. The times I've seen them in magazines they talk well of it. Then again, when do they ever talk bad about a firearm?

Latest posts

Top Bottom