Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A February 2005 memorandum from the Aberdeen Proving Ground, a United States Army weapons test site, discouraged shocking soldiers with TASERs in training, contrary to TASER International's recommendations. The Army's occupational health sciences director affirmed the TASER's effectiveness, but warned that "Seizures and ventricular fibrillation can be induced by the electric current." and that "the practice of using these weapons on U.S. Army military and civilian forces in training is not recommended, given the potential risks."

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taser International has admitted in a training bulletin that repeated blasts of a taser can "impair breathing and respiration".

Failing to breath is a sure fire way to die.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rarely is anything the sole cause of death. Sometimes you have to use common sense

Kinda like common sense says not to beat your wife, run from cops, and resist arrest.......

And common sense doesn't prove an argument......facts do......

I guess McDonalds should be labeled "the cause of death", since people who have ate it have died.....

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On January 12, 2008, Baron Pikes died after being shocked nine times with a Taser by a police officer. Pikes was handcuffed and six of the shocks were administered within less than three minutes. His death was ruled a homicide by the medical examiner

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like common sense says not to beat your wife, run from cops, and resist arrest.......

And common sense doesn't prove an argument......facts do......

I guess McDonalds should be labeled "the cause of death", since people who have ate it have died.....

Isn't there a lawsuit concerning that issue?

Seriously, I'm not anti-cop and I could really care less if you taze some meth head to death or not, but I would think that you as law enforcement would care.

Think about it, tasers only kill people with health issues, who are on drugs, or alcohol. How often do you arrest a wife beating dirt bag who isn't stoned, tweaked, or drunk out of his mind?

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now you trust medical examiners' findings? It seems very contradictive that you don't trust them when it suits you, and trust them when it benefits you. I'd like to see the full ME report but I don't have time right now. Yes rapid deployments of the Taser can impair respiration. It tenses all of your skeletal muscles, which baiscally forces you to take shallow breaths. Whether you disagree with or dislike the Taser doesn't change the fact that it is often the most efficient and SAFEST way to subdue a person. You ever fought someone who was tweaking or drunk? Without the Taser someone ususally gets Seriously injured. Some of those injuries can and will be life threatening. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It is life. Like I said before, **** happens when you party naked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom