Sen. Coburn Opposes Insider Trading Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gosh, he sounds just like a politician ... sheesh ...

Grandstanding?

It's funny to me how so many people here think Coburn can do no wrong. He is the only current member of Congress I have ever seen speak live, at an event in Bartlesville a couple of years ago during the whole ObamaCare fiasco. And I'll tell ya, I wasn't impressed. He sounded EXACTLY like a Washington politician to me, despite his occasional outburts that win him media coverage for being such an outspoken conservative "down to earth" kind of guy.

I agree... as I have for years.

VOTE 'EM ALL OUT.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Term limits and restrictions on lobbying are the only way we'll ever fix the legislative branch. I think if you want to go and speak to a legislator, you should only be allowed to represent yourself and your interests. On person, one voice, one vote. Anything else is gaming the system. :(

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like how he said there is no evidence of insider trading by Congress. Didn't 60mins show that Pelosi sold some stock right before legislation was passed and the stock bottomed out? Or was it she bought some before legislation was passed and made more money? I can't remember exactly. I know they had other examples too.

Almost forgot, I am not against members of Congress owning stocks and investing. I think they should be required to put their investments into a blind trust while in office.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coburn is one of those Senators who actually studies Bills that come before him (or members of his staff do).

I think his last paragraph was right on.

Way too many Bills are passed in Congress which are designed primarily to placate the Public.

Exactly. Instead of working to really fix the problems they pass feel good bills like this that do not really change a thing, but they make the sheeple happy by looking like they are doing something.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
“You know, I honestly believe everyone in our body is never going to use insider trading to advantage themselves over the best interests of the country, but the real problem is the confidence in the congress to do what is in the best long-term interest of the country, and the reason that the confidence isn't there doesn't have anything to do with insider trading, as we would normally think about it”

It's obvious Sen. Coburn has started to self-medicate...
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol.gif

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Instead of working to really fix the problems they pass feel good bills like this that do not really change a thing, but they make the sheeple happy by looking like they are doing something.
If they were serious, they'd pass a law limiting politicians to two terms: one in Congress, and one in prison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom