Senate passes a sweeping Tax Reform Bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an alternative history type thing. People do it with World War II all the time. If the Japanese hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor we'd all be speaking German. Don't tell me it's the first time you've heard of that kind of stuff. It's endlessly relevant.
700px-Schroedingers_cat_film.svg.png

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Sure it is. I mean, if Hobbes isn't criticizing a president in a parallel universe (and let's face it, he isn't) then what gives him the right to criticize a president in this one?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your problem?

I saw the article on the front page of newsok and posted it because I hadnt heard heard anything about it.

Why do you continue to attack me personally from thread to thread?
It's like having my own stalker.

Sorry this seemed desperate to me? You saw this article and the first thing you though was to come a runnin and post it in this thread? Ok.

I wouldn't feel special, I typically responds to anyone here that tends to regurgitate talking points of the MSM/left.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry this seemed desperate to me? You saw this article and the first thing you though was to come a runnin and post it in this thread? Ok.

I wouldn't feel special, I typically responds to anyone here that tends to regurgitate talking points of the MSM/left.
Which thread should it have been posted in?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like Hobbes can't handle that the legislation is passing so he's trying to find anything nitpicky he can. All of a sudden he's worried about our athletic depts. and how much more money they'll have to cough up? LOL.

Riley- You might want to do some homework on where athletic depts. get their funding and none of this legislature has anything to do with Oklahoma teachers, except giving them a tax break.

This shows people will pay more to see our kids battle it out on the ball field than to see them learn something they can succeed in life with.

Woody

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This shows people will pay more to see our kids battle it out on the ball field than to see them learn something they can succeed in life with.

Woody

That they will, it's their money they should do as they please. However, what does this have to do with anything? Athletic depts. bring in all sorts of revenue and pay for their own so I'm lost on your logic with regards to how this has anything to do with the latest tax reform?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another interesting article in the Oklahoman today about an amendment that representative Russell and Senator Lankford sponsored to prevent the use of municipal bonds for the construction of stadiums.

Then the lobbyists showed up and the amendment was stripped from the final bill.

Nevada Senator Heller bragged about killing the amendment and it just so happens that municipal bonds are being used to finance part of the Raider's new stadium in Las Vegas.

http://m.newsok.com/lankford-russell-amendment-removed-from-tax-reform/article/5577004

Latest posts

Top Bottom