Senate passes a sweeping Tax Reform Bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the Stock Market is setting records which also means corporations are seeing huge profits. Where are the rank and file wage increases? In the pockets of CEOs, thats where. If you think allowing them to profit more through tax cuts is going to help middle class workers wages, you need to do a lot more research because you are wrong.
Corporations dont give 2 cents about its workers or this country. Corporations dont even have a country, they move here and yonder to position themselves where they can profit even more. So we just handed them a freeby.
Trickle down has been proven to fail. Remember Reagan did this too and a few short years after seeing the results he had to raise those taxes back up to undo the F-up he created.

What I remember was that Reagan's tax cuts were to also supposed to have Congress reducing spending. In fact, if I remember right, Congress critters at the time promised such, but no cuts in spending happened. If I remember right, Dems were in charge of Congress at the time, and the liberal leaders of the Democratic Party still lie like a dog.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I remember was that Reagan's tax cuts were to also supposed to have Congress reducing spending. In fact, if I remember right, Congress critters at the time promised such, but no cuts in spending happened. If I remember right, Dems were in charge of Congress at the time, and the liberal leaders of the Democratic Party still lie like a dog.
Thats a red herring.
Remember the 1960s when everyone had jobs and the economy was flourishing? A family could make it on dads income alone? Sure you do.
Do you know the corporate tax rate then was 50%? And the economy was growing at 4%. Why is that you ask?
The only way corporations could avoid paying taxes was to reinvest and grow the company (number of employees and wages) which produced good paying jobs..lots of them

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of things changed since the 60s. Women entered the work force because they were told they needed to be equal to men by the fems. This alone would cause wages to fall because there is a bigger supply of workers. Then you have all the illegals here working for lower wages.

i68.tinypic.com_nvup0j.png

You can definitely see where Obama was president with the sharp decline in the labor participation rate.

Capture.PNG

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a red herring.
Remember the 1960s when everyone had jobs and the economy was flourishing? A family could make it on dads income alone? Sure you do.
Do you know the corporate tax rate then was 50%? And the economy was growing at 4%. Why is that you ask?
The only way corporations could avoid paying taxes was to reinvest and grow the company (number of employees and wages) which produced good paying jobs..lots of them

Ahem.... It has begun. How do you like your crow? :rollingla

AT&T plans to invest an additional $1 billion in the U.S. in 2018 and pay a special bonus of $1,000 to more than 200,000 U.S. employees once the Republican tax reform bill is signed into law.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...l-spending-1000-bonuses-200000-u-s-employees/

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I can just hear the trickle down on the head of the lower middle class folks as I type this. I hear it and I smell it and it smells a lot like urine.

I just know that those greedy bastards running corporations - you know the ones who have been simultaneously taking home million dollar bonuses while freezing wages of their employees at best and laying them off so as to afford their bonuses at worst, are just chomping at the bit to put those huge savings to work for the American people. Oh yea, it's happening.

And while i'm glad that my 401k is continuing to rise, it's worth noting that the rise began long before Trump was even a candidate.
But even more important is that the folks on the lower rungs of the ladder couldn't care less about how stock prices are doing because guess what - THEY don't own any stocks. They don't have a 401k. The middle class in this country by and large live paycheck to paycheck, they're not waking up each morning and checking out the NYSE opening numbers.

Listen i'd love to be wrong. Would absolutely love for these tax changes to be the beginning of something positive in America impacting from those at the bottom all the way to those at the top. But nothing about this tells me that's gonna happen. All I saw today was more politicians being politicians and being completely tone deaf while doing so. If i'm wrong, that will be a good thing.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was unknowing at first about the tax bill what with putting us another trillion+ dollars in debt but after listening to various people
comment, maybe it'll be alright because it will stimulate businesses and in turn the businesses will hire more people who will be off the dole, working and paying taxes into the system which will increase the economy and families will be happier. Also, maybe more people will not be locked up in some jail somewhere because they're working and not causing trouble..

Latest posts

Top Bottom