Senate passes a sweeping Tax Reform Bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I never said it was a bad thing. However, AT&T does pay a decent wage already (non of them are lower class or on food stamps). lol $1000 to those employees will be nothing more than a house payment. I think they got Christmas covered already.
When you can tell me that this trickle down is going to give Wal Mart employees enough raise to get them off food stamps, then you'll have my attention, otherwise, step off.

Helluva strawman argument you're creating there. 200,000,000 isn't enough to lift Walmart's payroll, nobody said it was, so you're defeating an argument that was never there. But I'll bet an amount of that money ends up in local places. Or are you providing that it's better served by handing it over to the government?

It's fascinating that you're on a conservative board being sarcastic about an American company giving a huge Christmas bonus to 200,000 employees. You sure you shouldn't be posting on the democratic underground? Whining about corporations and such?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Helluva strawman argument you're creating there. 200,000,000 isn't enough to lift Walmart's payroll, nobody said it was, so you're defeating an argument that was never there. But I'll bet an amount of that money ends up in local places. Or are you providing that it's better served by handing it over to the government?

It's fascinating that you're on a conservative board being sarcastic about an American company giving a huge Christmas bonus to 200,000 employees. You sure you shouldn't be posting on the democratic underground? Whining about corporations and such?

I've never gotten a Christmas bonus that even came close to that. Not even half!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I never said it was a bad thing. However, AT&T does pay a decent wage already (non of them are lower class or on food stamps). lol $1000 to those employees will be nothing more than a house payment. I think they got Christmas covered already.
When you can tell me that this trickle down is going to give Wal Mart employees enough raise to get them off food stamps, then you'll have my attention, otherwise, step off.

I see what the problem is.

You voted for a populist president with populist slogans like...

"I hate to say it but the rich are going to have to pay a little bit more, including me frankly"

"I will have medicare negotiate for better prices from the drug companies"

"I will make sure the carried interest loophole is closed, It's a disgrace"

And you ended up with a Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell tax cut for the globalist corporations that Jeb Bush would have been proud to sign.

Unfortunately for you, there is no antidote for the red pill.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never gotten a Christmas bonus that even came close to that. Not even half!
Get a better job, I don't get a Christmas bonus either but I ain't bitchin about it.
Oh and I haven't had a pay increase in about 10 years and most of that is because of our current governer. She's a conservative...or is she?
Don't judge me how I voted based on my view of this conversation. I'm a conservative but the GOP isn't so conservative any more. I do think from both sides of the spectrum. Something that you and JD aren't apparently capable of. The liberals aren't always wrong and the cons are sometimes wrong IMO.
Take off your blinders man, both parties are the same! Yall are being told what they want u to believe and nothing more.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

At what point did I piss in your cereal anyway? You just cherry pick arguments with me and it's actually humorous. I'd love to hear you flap your jaws in this manner if you weren't hiding on the internet.
Tool.
And yes, I'd say it to your face.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At what point did I piss in your cereal anyway? You just cherry pick arguments with me and it's actually humorous. I'd love to hear you flap your jaws in this manner if you weren't hiding on the internet.
Tool.
And yes, I'd say it to your face.

You didn't piss in my cereal, I'm obviously not as emotional about this as you are. I also wouldn't consider yourself important in terms of whom I "cherry pick arguments" with. What I said is true and not break through in any way, shape or form, pretty sure I'd say it to anyone that says the same thing so you're not special. Point remains is that $1000 is a good amount of money to a number of people. Methinks you made a stupid argument and then doubled down on it, and got caught at it. But that's just me.

In terms of you beating your chest on physical confrontations, lots of people act tough behind a computer. It's been my experiences that the people that are the loudest about what they're gonna do, are the ones you least have to worry about. Merry Christmas Punkin.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see what the problem is.

You voted for a populist president with populist slogans like...

"I hate to say it but the rich are going to have to pay a little bit more, including me frankly"

"I will have medicare negotiate for better prices from the drug companies"

"I will make sure the carried interest loophole is closed, It's a disgrace"

And you ended up with a Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell tax cut for the globalist corporations that Jeb Bush would have been proud to sign.

Unfortunately for you, there is no antidote for the red pill.

Still salty because your girl lost eh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom