Senate republicans give Obama new powers, but they are still classified.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Umm... If it has any electronics on board, chances are they will be foreignly sourced, right? That goes for battery cells too, i'd imagine.

Also, doesn't the auto industry have to say how much of each vehicle comes from different countries? IE X% is usa sourced, X is asia, etc? I thought i heard a few years ago that many of the Japanese makers actually had more parts/assembly in the USA than many of the big 3.

My point is that finding anything electronic that is 100% USA will be tough anymore.

Thats kinda my whole point about most everything! Like Dennis said electronics have basically been like that since I was still in school. NAFTA, CASTA and all the other STAs has spread that to basically everything. Even a lot of foods.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will have to look elsewhere to find your higher quality, American made tools. Snap-on and Matco are not peddled in the wal-mart and target versions of tool stores.

One thing though is that some, and I stress some, of the foreign tools have gotten a lot better than the recent past. They are more expensive than before but they are actually something worth having as opposed to the cheapest junk you can buy.

Snap on and Matco aren't exclusively made in the U.S.A. either....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
R's promise to help Obama.

“It’s outrageous that Republicans who complain all the time – rightfully so – about the IRS’s overreach and over burdening small business are actually increasing the incentive for the IRS to spy on people – to spy on small businesses,” he added.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-tax-hike-that-violates-gops-anti-tax-pledge/

No matter who posts what, I don't know whats in the Gawdammed bill.
This tap dancing around what they all know is ludicrous.
Put the bill out for the public to see!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No matter who posts what, I don't know whats in the Gawdammed bill.
This tap dancing around what they all know is ludicrous.
Put the bill out for the public to see!

Yep. It may be all unicorns and rainbows for real, but it's likely not since they don't want anybody to see it. If they would do that AND ditch the straight up/down vote in the senate and let the senate vote normally I might at least keep an open mind about the thing. But without those two things I don't want it because I just don't trust them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. It may be all unicorns and rainbows for real, but it's likely not since they don't want anybody to see it. If they would do that AND ditch the straight up/down vote in the senate and let the senate vote normally I might at least keep an open mind about the thing. But without those two things I don't want it because I just don't trust them.

Anytime I see that bonehead Bohner in favor of something I'm scared. Now Ryan is by his side??????

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea Ryan is pushing it. I saw him on Fox this morning and I trust him a hell of a lot more than boner. Cruz is also not saying it's terrible but the way they are doing the damn thing, he says he really doesn't know. It's another form of voting on something you haven't read but they do get to read it, but in a secure room, no notes, no copies, etc.

But I just flat don't like the senate vote thing and especially the secrecy. It's not national or State security and there's no good reason for it IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom