Shad on Gibson?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its our annual guys week out on ft Gibson lake. As usual the fishermen have a real hard time finding shad. Any tips from anone that k.own this lake? Other lakes we don't have this issue

Lenonthelake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually find them in Paradise Cove Marina cove. Watch your fish locator in between the boat docks, If they are not surfacing you can still catch them just throw when on the locator, it takes more skill when they are deep but it is possible. They are also found near the 1st island south of Taylor Ferry marina, between the island and the bank just outside the marina entrance. I also sometimes look on the east side of the lake straight across from Taylor Ferry marina at the cove to the far north (up the lake in the area of the submerged island. There used to be some fence posts stuck in the center of the island (last year) I have not been out yet so not sure if you can see them with the lake up like it is. I usually fish on the north side of the causeway (51 highway bridge) between the bridge and the largest island. White Boston Whaler skiff. Between 8 and 11 am. I usually quit about 11 as by that time I have a limit (too many fish to clean)

Latest posts

Top Bottom