Shipping a firearm through FedEx as a Non FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I posted is directly from the FedEx website so I bet it's accurate. If you have it boxed and pre-labeled, you don't have to declare anything. Just hand it off to the wonderful person in purple at a FedEx Office location near you.
I only ship machined metal parts. Never a firearm. :hey3:

Hmoob_Mikah

Marksman
Reaction score
I just came back from the FedEx at the airport and they say that they only handle ground shipping. My prepaid shipping label is for express air. I just want this quest line to be over with already. I guess I'll call around my nearest FedEx and ask if they take express label, and sly give them my unidentified content package. Will I get in trouble if I don't declare that it is a firearm? Can I fein ignorance? 😗

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came back from the FedEx at the airport and they say that they only handle ground shipping. My prepaid shipping label is for express air. I just want this quest line to be over with already. I guess I'll call around my nearest FedEx and ask if they take express label, and sly give them my unidentified content package. Will I get in trouble if I don't declare that it is a firearm? Can I fein ignorance? 😗
If they have computers in jail let us know how it plays out......thanks in advance.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken them up to the Fedex facility at the Tulsa Airport. I believe you are not supposed to tell them that there is a firearm in the box. It appears that you do declare the contents of the package when you drop it off. Make sure there are no markings on the outside of the package that indicate what the contents are inside.
Machine parts…

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's not a law...just company policy. You can easily verify the legality of shipping firearms as a non-FFL by going to the FAQ section on the ATF website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom