Shipping a firearm through FedEx as a Non FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came back from the FedEx at the airport and they say that they only handle ground shipping. My prepaid shipping label is for express air. I just want this quest line to be over with already. I guess I'll call around my nearest FedEx and ask if they take express label, and sly give them my unidentified content package. Will I get in trouble if I don't declare that it is a firearm? Can I fein ignorance? 😗
The AIRPORT location doesn’t handle express air just ground shipping ???

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird how they have two different pages on how to ship firearm. The other page says that you can ship it out, while the page you linked says that non ffl cannot.
Provide me a link to the other page. What I shared says if FFL and have an agreement with FedEx, good to go. Non licensee is no bueno.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didn't ask, I didn't say, package made it to Colt and back just fine. I don't remember how it was addressed but it wasn't something obvious like to "Colt Firearms", but I couldn't help but wonder what the delivery guy who pulled up to the Colt facility thought was in it. I'm pretty sure he had been there before. :pms2:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird how they have two different pages on how to ship firearm. The other page says that you can ship it out, while the page you linked says that non ffl cannot.

As has been previously stated, “you aren’t shipping it”. You are dropping it off at a shipping location for the FFL that paid for the shipping label. You are also making this way too hard.

The manufacturer will likely ship it right back to your door, not to an FFL. At least that’s how it has been for me in the past, including earlier this year.

Take it to a FedEx location and leave it with them.

Edited for clarity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom