Shoot or don't Shoot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izahuh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, wanted some opinions and outlooks on a situation that I ran into.

It was NYE and I was looking for the venue that I was supposed to attend, my date and I were at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green and when it did, an old light brown cutlass style vehicle ran the red to make a left turn coming towards me. So my natural reaction is to shoot! Jk, Jk, I lean on the horn to let individual know that was too close. Well they stop their car halfway blocking my lane and the individual hops out of the car, he starts doing his little limp leg jig towards my vehicle and I'm watching the position of his arms and hands and nothing is triggering any motions for a weapon that I could tell. About halfway to my vehicle his friend jumps out, his body language to me, is that of a supporter because his friend jumps out. As canadian number 1 gets right up to my mirror and pull away having to maneuver around his sweet ride and along I go.

And go!....

FYI: I have a Sig 226 in between the seats ready to engage.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot who, and when? There is nothing in this scenario that involves deadly force or the need to use it.

Maybe stop leaning on your horn, it's not your job to let people know they passed too close or ran a red light. I know it's tempting sometimes....people driving like idiots can get the blood pumping, but you gotta fight that urge.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my question is should I have reaching for my gun at any point JIC

Well you said your Sig was already in between the seats and ready. You are locked inside a vehicle, being approached by pedestrians who are not displaying any deadly weapons.

Drive away...and that's just what you did.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, wanted some opinions and outlooks on a situation that I ran into.

It was NYE and I was looking for the venue that I was supposed to attend, my date and I were at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green and when it did, an old light brown cutlass style vehicle ran the red to make a left turn coming towards me. So my natural reaction is to shoot! Jk, Jk, I lean on the horn to let individual know that was too close. Well they stop their car halfway blocking my lane and the individual hops out of the car, he starts doing his little limp leg jig towards my vehicle and I'm watching the position of his arms and hands and nothing is triggering any motions for a weapon that I could tell. About halfway to my vehicle his friend jumps out, his body language to me, is that of a supporter because his friend jumps out. As canadian number 1 gets right up to my mirror and pull away having to maneuver around his sweet ride and along I go.

And go!....

FYI: I have a Sig 226 in between the seats ready to engage.

umm...engage? lol

I'd say put your gun up for a bit and rethink the way you carry yourself mentally in public. Everything I read could have been avoided, the situation was so FAR from needing a gun its silly.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
umm...engage? lol

I'd say put your gun up for a bit and rethink the way you carry yourself mentally in public. Everything I read could have been avoided, the situation was so FAR from needing a gun its silly.

^^This.......not even close to a situation where you should bring the firearm into play. It doesn't hurt to be ready, however. Lock the doors and then if they engage the vehicle you make a call.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The obnoxious dude lacked the means to present a deadly force threat to you. The lack of ability was there too. They did not present imminent danger of a deadly force threat, so you could not respond with deadly force.

The smartest thing you did was to put your foot on the accelerator and leave the scene. Problem averted by bugging out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom