Shotgun HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personaly don't but there are a bunch of them on You Tube Especially the English, German and Italian sights, There are a few on Shooting USA and NRA TV and Olyeller posted a reloading clip on another thread here, of me shooting and reloading 8 and shooting in 6.16 seconds or so. There are several clips on the DPMS dvd from the last several years, and I am in the J.P. Enterprises dvd shooting a buckshot/slug stage at the world championship 3-gun match. I don't really keep track of this kind of stuff, but if you go searching you will find quite a few. When Shooting USA does the 2009 Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge I will be in that, both in the main match, as an R.O. and in the shoot offs. Kurt Miller

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My benelli M1 is the only gun I have
that I will never sell; there is nothing better; light, fast, accurate, reliable.
If you have a well fit gun, the quick snappy recoil will work for you rather than against.
If there was something about it that pissed me off, believe me, I'd let it be known.

Mike "the next Kurt miller" Cyrwus

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really shotgun related but here is a good one of Jerry Miculec and I at the Commanche Ranch earlier this year with a few hogs we got.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 179
Reaction score
If you're on a budget and like pumps, the Norinco Hawk 982 is a heck of a lot of gun for the money - they built a better Rem 870 than Remington.

The loaded 12 ga by my bed right now IS the Mossy 930 SPX, however. Haven't tested it extensively yet though, so can't say how reliable over time it would be.

The Saiga 12 is a good choice, too, as are a lot of other guns, such as the Benellis. I'd decide whether you want pump or semi first. Then decide budget. Then narrow it from there.

Hey Kurt, what rifles/sights, exactly, were you and Jerry using? He's an amazing guy and shot! Where is that Comanche Ranch?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am using my iron sighted J.P. Enterprises CTR-02 rifle, as you can see. Jerry is using a S&W AR-15 with a Clark Custom Guns Upper with a U.S. Optics 1-4X scope with a side mounted J.Point in the Burkett mount for close stuff. We were using 55 gr reloads with a Hornaday bulk FMJ bullet and AA 2460 powder w/ a WW Small rifle primer, I know cause I loaded them, Jerry is an incredible ammo mooch!

Yea he is a very good shot, but not all those pigs are his :laughup: we got 17 total for that day Whether it is shooting gators out of an air boat or running around the south west shooting hogs, he is still one of the funnest and funniest folks I know. By the way the guy taking the picture is none other than Benny Hill of Triangle Shooting Sports, Master gunsmith and Grandmaster USPSA shooter...he accounted for a few of those 17 also!

Comanche ranch is in Texas in the far south west. A good portion of it abutts Mexico, so big mags and back up pistols are the norm, although we have never had any trouble there.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 168

Rocketguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 870 all the way, versatile, reasonably priced plenty of upgrades and modifications available to customize it for your application.
P.S. Nothing scares the goblins like the sound of someone working the pump on a shotgun.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 870 all the way, versatile, reasonably priced plenty of upgrades and modifications available to customize it for your application.
P.S. Nothing scares the goblins like the sound of someone working the pump on a shotgun.

Racking the chamber is why I own the pump. Protection in and of itself...

Latest posts

Top Bottom