Should College Athletes Be Paid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
welcome to OSA rbror ... if your numbers are correct... the athletes are not getting a fair shake for the amount of revenue they produce.

some of these kids don't have funds to get home with ... all while making millions for their school. that's fundamentally not fair. then compounded by the fact athletes don't have the option of a part time job.

IMHO this invites systematic cheating of the system ... not all the kids make it to the pro's. they may end up with injuries.... there should be some flex in the system.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no. if anything i would say partial or full tuition and on campus lodging and meal tickets at the max a "free ride" but only pertaining to the school, not an off campus house, or money for off campus food, or a car.

if the kid is good enough to earn the money for playing a game, then they can do it all they want after they graduate, i feel they already get it easy enough what with some of them if not most of them, getting accepted into colleges that normally require higher academic performance then they had in high school, and charging them less if anything than they would someone who did have the competitive academic requirements .

from what i hear, which i should probably not say anything about since i do not have any proof form looking into it myself. but i also believe that if a school is going to take money from the state, and money form tuition, it should not be allowed to turn a profit from sports and selling crap. of course it sounds like most of them write the books so they never make a profit anyways. just my two cents. i know i am just a dumb community college punk that is dreaming of making it big, but it pissed me off when TCC took money from our glorious leaders and agreed to make the highschool grads of 2007 and i think 8 and 9 too, not have to pay tuition and i herd a rumor about books too. and then that same year they raised tuition prices for everyone else (i graduated 2006....).

Tulsa Achieves is a great program, Tuition and Fees are covered, not books. Did you realize there is also a community service(40 hours per semester) requirement with the program as well? How do you know the increase in tuition and fees is attributed to the program and not just the normal increases? They've all been going up(and up, and up...).

Yes, I have a child that is using this program, I'm not certain he would have gone to college had it not been available, he is now about to graduate with his Associates, and will attend OSU in the fall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom