Should I tell my sister in law she's getting fat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say forget her picture and let's see yours.....seems an awful lot of people notice a splinter in someone else's eye but don't see the plank in their eye.........More than likely you have some short comings.

Having short comings of your own does not invalidate the short comings of others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

Chicks take kindly to this type of constructive criticism.

Indeed, but you have to be subtle about it. You're not dealing with a child here, so keep that in mind.

"'Go on and fetch muh brother a beer 'fore ah come over there 'n cut some bacon off your back."

"You look just like Danny Devito in that blouse."

"Nah, you don't need to bring a coat. You people are always sweating."

"Guess who I saw today? My old friend Duane from high school. You know Duane, big 'ol beefy dude, grew up on a farm. Looks a lot like you with short hair."

Make beeping noises when she backs up.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny that you should ask...

Saturday morning my 3 year old son and I were playing with his army men and having a good ole time (well - he was anyway) when out of the clear blue sky he asked me, "Is mommy fat". With out going into a lot of detail that might get me into trouble I asked him, "Do you think she's fat?". He replied in the affirmative in a manner that implied he wasn't really sure. So I told him what I thought.

Then just to be sure he'd never get in trouble I asked him, "If mommy asked you if you thought she was fat or what she was wearing made her look fat what would you say?". You had to be there. You could see the wheels turning in his little head and then finally, hesitantly he said, "...uhhhhh. NO!". "Good Answer, SON. Don't ever forget that. It'll stand you in good stead the rest of your life".

Now if a 3 year old gets it one wonders how any man who's spent more than a little time with any human American female could even ask if he should tell his SIL that she's porkin' up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indeed, but you have to be subtle about it. You're not dealing with a child here, so keep that in mind.

"'Go on and fetch muh brother a beer 'fore ah come over there 'n cut some bacon off your back."

"You look just like Danny Devito in that blouse."

"Nah, you don't need to bring a coat. You people are always sweating."

"Guess who I saw today? My old friend Duane from high school. You know Duane, big 'ol beefy dude, grew up on a farm. Looks a lot like you with short hair."

Make beeping noises when she backs up.

And get her one of those signs that says: "Caution: Wide Load" to wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom