Sig 226 or Sig p220

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tell me what you think

• Sig p220 combat

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Sig p226 combat

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to order a new Sig. I really like the Combat model's but kinda torn between to models the Sig p226 combat or the p220 combat. I have a 1911 already. If you think of something thats better tell me.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Voted for 220 Combat but only because I much prefer the P220 over the P226. If it were me I would look around and find a new or near new German P220 instead of the Combat. You might have to search a little but they are still out there at a price comparable to the P220 Combat. I spent a career in OD Green but don't like it on my handguns.

Anti-Rail Evangelist

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get the P220 then, cause it will make you want to sell your 1911!!

For me it was opposite, every time I think about buying one I remember how much better 1911s shoot. Still like the P220s though.

I would go with a P226 in 9mm if I had a choice here.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I voted for the SIG P220. Very partial to them. I have a Browning BDA in 45ACP which was the Euro P220 imported by Browning that was the first gun I ever bought in 1978 and a (German) P220 that I bought back in 2003. Both guns are superbly accurate and 100% reliable.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the two tone finish. I'm going to buy my first can and the combat is already set up for one.

Actually, the P226 and P220 Combat models don't have threaded barrels (the "P226 Combat TB and P220 Combat TB models have threaded barrels).

I've heard a lot of folks talk about aftermarket barrels for the Sigs due to more popular thread-patterns than Sig makes (my mind is drawing a blank as to what the "popular" thread pattern was vs. Sigs).

I've got a few Sigs and a couple of them are P226s - I really like 'em.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's your first can I wouldn't go with the .45 cal. Thats probably one of the loudest, least suppressed calibers you can get. Although there are finally some hearing safe cans for .45, I think two models, it will make you not want to get another silencer. If just doing it to get suppression start with a .22, or 9mm so you won't be disappointed with the silence and you will want to order more cans. Beware though suppressors are an addiction as I have made 5 NFA purchases already this year.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's your first can I wouldn't go with the .45 cal. Thats probably one of the loudest, least suppressed calibers you can get. Although there are finally some hearing safe cans for .45, I think two models, it will make you not want to get another silencer. If just doing it to get suppression start with a .22, or 9mm so you won't be disappointed with the silence and you will want to order more cans.

Great advise!

Latest posts

Top Bottom