Sig 226 or Sig p220

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tell me what you think

• Sig p220 combat

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Sig p226 combat

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE Sig fan. I own both and love both. My favorite is the 226 in 9mm, but that's because I shoot it all the time (and I conceal carry it). Every time I go to the range the 226 is with me. I picked the 226 over 220, because for me it's the best for all situations. Both are the same to me as far as accuracy is concerned, but I'd rather carry more rounds over a higher caliber.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's your first can I wouldn't go with the .45 cal. Thats probably one of the loudest, least suppressed calibers you can get. Although there are finally some hearing safe cans for .45, I think two models, it will make you not want to get another silencer. If just doing it to get suppression start with a .22, or 9mm so you won't be disappointed with the silence and you will want to order more cans. Beware though suppressors are an addiction as I have made 5 NFA purchases already this year.

Isn't most .45acp ammo subsonic? I thought .45 acp was a great choice for suppressed fire specifically for this reason?

Also, isn't .45acp actually quieter than 9mm (I found this on the net)?

9mm Para 163db(a)
.45 ACP 157db(a)

Or is that crack instead of boom?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Isn't most .45acp ammo subsonic? I thought .45 acp was a great choice for suppressed fire specifically for this reason?

Also, isn't .45acp actually quieter than 9mm (I found this on the net)?

Or is that crack instead of boom?

.45ACP is subsonic except for most of the +P loadings. To get the benefit out of 9MM in a suppresor you have to shoot 9MM subsonic ammo. All a suppresor does is to change the sound the shot makes to where it doesn't sound like gunfire. Very very few true silencers have ever been produced. Most that come to mind were the ones made during WWII, and most of those were for .32acp guns. Towards the end of WWII several came out in 9MM for guns such as the Sten. Effective for a few rounds, but didn't have a long life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom