SIG 556 Classic Cheap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is anyone looking for a SIG 556 classic or Patrol Swat... I saw that academy has either for $1199... the classic dropped $700 bucks...

might want to get on that before quality really starts to plummet into the depths.

May still be a few good ones left. Watch out for painted lowers and blued barrels ya'll.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is anyone looking for a SIG 556 classic or Patrol Swat... I saw that academy has either for $1199... the classic dropped $700 bucks...

might want to get on that before quality really starts to plummet into the depths.

May still be a few good ones left. Watch out for painted lowers and blued barrels ya'll.

The Sig 556 will also have a $300 rebate starting next week. I think it starts on 1/23.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buds has been having them on and off for $970-$1100 depending on the model. I may pick the one with the red-dot up during the sale, especially if I can get it for $650-$700 after rebate.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need to get their QC under dang control. You should see the play in the SP2022 slides that I've seen... Like 1/8" either direction at the muzzle. It's rare to get a tight one now... stupid Ron Cohen... destroying another company.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The past ones were Nitrided barrels and anodized lowers... which is a ton better. Mainly the nitride, it makes the surface of the barrel inside and out 70 rockwell, which equals really really good barrel life vs. bluing and chrome lining. Plus it is generally more accurate than chrome lining.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Watch out for painted lowers and blued barrels.

How obvious is the differances visually? Looked at some at the gunshow and the ones with the black grip bands had lowers that looked pretty much the same to me. The main thing i noticed was the newer ones had real light areas on the receivers maybe from handling. Not sure.

Is it possiable to have on with one with an anodized lower and a blued barrel? I bought a classic swat awhile back and think it might have the blued barrel. I have an originial 556 and when i compare the two the finish on the receivers look the same but the barrel on the swat has a smoother finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom