Sig P226

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, I just got home with a new-to-me Sig 226 in a trade for my old Glock 27, plus some other stuff, and I couldn't be more excited.

The reason I wanted one to begin with is that I realized I had no dedicated home defense gun and all my other handguns just aren't very fun to shoot (you ever tried firing hot handloads out of a featherweight J-frame? OUCH!). I'm gonna look into getting some kind of light attachment since my model has a rail on it and a suppressor so I don't blowout my ears. Not sure how long the paperwork will take, but least it'll give me time to build up a project gun budget. My friend at work has been waiting over a year for his paperwork on a G19 suppressor. Crazy.

Gonna take it out to the range tomorrow after work to see how it shoots, and I think I'll also feed a box through the p365 while I'm at it since the customer service guy said he thought the steel cased ammo I first shot messed up the chamber or something. I'll send it in if problems continue.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you like it, man! I love my P226 that I've redone in the Scorpion style, but it's just too big and heavy to carry routinely, so it's mainly a range gun and BBQ rig. They are sweet-shooting pistols, and I can't say enough good about them. I love the SA/DA trigger on mine, too, it is so nice!

Thanks for the trade, and thanks for being understanding about my lateness - waiting on women and children is a bummer, but after we met up, we headed down to Tulsa's The Gathering Place and enjoyed a very cool concert with Kirk Franklin. Overall a good night, and I'm sitting here with a glass of Larceny and about to watch the Thunder game. This being off on weekends thing is really strange to me, but I'm trying to make the best of it!

Thanks again for a good trade for both of us, man! I'm looking forward to keeping that G27 in my car, so I don't have to keep moving my G22 back and forth between it and the truck! lol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the 226; I just got a 229 and am going to go shoot it his morning too. Good luck at the range with both today; let us know how the 365 works.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Sig! I’m seriously considering an older 228 or maybe the new m11-a1. I’m thinking of having one each of the most influential pistol designs from the last century. So far I have a Colt 1911, G17 and a CZ-75. Right now I’m eyeballing a Sig 22x and a Hi Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Sig! I’m seriously considering an older 228 or maybe the new m11-a1. I’m thinking of having one each of the most influential pistol designs from the last century. So far I have a Colt 1911, G17 and a CZ-75. Right now I’m eyeballing a Sig 22x and a Hi Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No revolvers? Gotta have a model 19 or at least a 10

Latest posts

Top Bottom