Sig p290rs question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
while it is a sig, so cool by default, is it a solution to a problem we don't have?

just watched a video that compares it to the cm/pm series kahr. I guess I get it, so they are for deep cover?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just about every manufacturer wants a dog in the hunt. That's why SIG has the P290RS. One of the few exceptions to this rule is FNH USA. They don't feel the pressure to follow the crowd slavishly.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FNS is releasing the compact FNS
True. I have one on order/layaway. I meant that they don't have multiple versions of the same gun size. The FNS line is simple--a long slide version with a 5" barrel, a standard version with a 4" barrel and a compact version with a 3.6" barrel. Another thing I can't understand too well is why everyone is obsessed with "accessories." Aside from a holster, spare magazines, a Talon grip wrap and possibly a laser, I can't really see why I need a bunch of accessories. I don't spend a bunch of money on a gun just to have to go out and spend another bunch on stuff to make it work the way I want it to. Either it works like it should or I'll move on to another gun.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just did an impulse buy on a P290rs Extreme from CDNN...I figure its not a huge risk at 300. I hear pro and cons...most of the cons appear to be design related that were supposedly fixed with the RS model. Some complain about the weight. Some of the pros I hear are accuracy, a very manageable recoil for a small gun. Regardless of opinions, I think this gun is a steal at $300 and below.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just did an impulse buy on a P290rs Extreme from CDNN...I figure its not a huge risk at 300. I hear pro and cons...most of the cons appear to be design related that were supposedly fixed with the RS model. Some complain about the weight. Some of the pros I hear are accuracy, a very manageable recoil for a small gun. Regardless of opinions, I think this gun is a steal at $300 and below.
I think it may be the cheapest SIG you'll ever buy new.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately I've been comparing it to the Ruger LC9s.
I myself am not sure of what to get as far as a small single stack 9mm.
I do like the Walther PPS.
One I haven't heard much about was Walther's new CCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom