Snorkeling Gear: Need to Rent or Borrow a Set ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of Hawaii are you going to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oahu, this trip.We are going to do the Full Tourist Agenda. Staying at the Hake Koa in Waikiki.

I was stationed in Hawaii while in the USMC. Last duty station was there; retired Feb 1993

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well heck Druryj, ya got a hot tub ain't ya? Just pm @swampratt cuz I've decided the guy can build anything. Shoot, he's prolly got a daggum submarine hid out in the back 40.

Yeah, I have met him. He could make a space ship out of stuff he found in a couple dumpsters. You wanna see something cool, you need to get him to show you his old pick up! It is not the prettiest around, but is does have a certain beauty to it that’s all it’s own.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch out for forners Druryj! I don't think anybody on OSA has a boat anymore to come save you! I know you've got a pretty good holster collection. What's your method of carry when divin?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I have met him. He could make a space ship out of stuff he found in a couple dumpsters. You wanna see something cool, you need to get him to show you his old pick up! It is not the prettiest around, but is does have a certain beauty to it that’s all it’s own.

He made sure to put a picture of it in the 2019 Chevy thread, you know jus fer comparisons.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch out for forners Druryj! I don't think anybody on OSA has a boat anymore to come save you! I know you've got a pretty good holster collection. What's your method of carry when divin?

Rifle either carried and/or attached by quick release/dummy cord, or accessible in a nylon neoprene pouch on left side. Pistol in reinforced synthetic drop leg holster attached to gear belt, with quick release dummy cord, and mid-thigh right leg. Dive knife on left side BC. Other knife on gear belt, right side. Spare mags in vest pockets/pouches.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I'll just call a dive shop; I hadn't really thought this through but that's the best course of action. I actually first got certified by Frank Thompson way back in 1968. My first open water dive was in Tenkiller. I thought that was pretty cool too, you could see maybe 5 or 6 feet! Since then, I have dove all over the world, probably the coolest place ever was off the point of Ras Mohamed, at the tip of the Sinai Peninsula. Talk about untouched and pristine...but that's a whole 'nother story for a 'nother thread some time maybe.

Ha I remember Frank! His boy still runs the shop on Memorial last time I was in there. Did you have to eat a banana under water?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha I remember Frank! His boy still runs the shop on Memorial last time I was in there. Did you have to eat a banana under water?

Allergic to bananas. But Frank did have us do ditch and don, and a mini-harassment thing where he’d turn off your air, then yank your mask off, snatch your regulator out of your mouth and so on. Not as much as some you get at a military dive school, but similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom