Need to rent a BIG ELECTRIC DRILL in Yukon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has given me instructions to hollow out a couple of old tree stumps so she can use them as planters. I need to rent a big, powerful electric drill and drill holes about 1/2" apart in the stump with a spade bit then finish the job with a wood chisel and a lot of hard work. Where in Yukon/Mustang can I rent something to do the job? Anybody here got something I could use? I'd much rather pay an OSA member than some rental place. Text me at 405-227-4270 please.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo.... Surber's head is out of the question? Sorry, had to. Crosslands, if no one here has one.

Surbers dome is too hard; would break the stumps up. I need something sharp; not a dull old granite-head.

Sent from my iPhone

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I used it making furniture. Made a desk & chair from hard maple & used the carver to scoop out the chair seat. With both hands on the grinder it was as easy to control as using my weed eater.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I used it making furniture. Made a desk & chair from hard maple & used the carver to scoop out the chair seat. With both hands on the grinder it was as easy to control as using my weed eater.

Thanks! I'm gonna order one. Been looking for something like this for awhile.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATED: here's the stumps before being hollowed out[Broken External Image]and here they are after much work. Success! I was able to use an angle grinder with a wood cutting blade, a good wide wood chisel and a BFH to pound hell out of it. It was a lot of damn work but wife is happy. Sure gave me a new level of appreciation for the Early Native Americans who would hollow out a damn giant azz log to make a dug-out canoe using sharp rocks and old clam shells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom