Snubbing White House invitation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who's the snubber or who's in the White House, it's happened to a lot of presidents.
My question: Do you think it's the right thing to do for any reason?
I think I would probably go, no matter who invited me and try to be pleasant, out of respect for the office and the country.
But, I also understand why some one who did not agree with the sitting president (not just the current one, any sitting president) might decline.
I would prefer this to be a non-partisan discussion.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a form of protest. I don't think that you would refuse to protest outside the White House "out of respect for the office and the country," would you?

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go no matter who was in office. That would be a chance of a lifetime to meet the president no matter who he was and if i did or did not agree or vote for him. How many people do you know could say hey guess what i did this weekend, thats right i kicked it in the oval office.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go no matter who was in office. That would be a chance of a lifetime to meet the president no matter who he was and if i did or did not agree or vote for him. How many people do you know could say hey guess what i did this weekend, thats right i kicked it in the oval office.

I dunno... I guess if you think that's cool. Personally, I have zero desire to hobnob with politicians of any sort, or really a lot of people the world seems to consider 'cool' or important. I'd rather be out back cooking on my grill, or spending time with my family (wife and son, that is). If I were going to take time away from home and travel, Washington D.C. is pretty darn close to the bottom of my list in terms of places to visit.

Maybe I'm strange, or stupid, or whatever... just holds no awe or attraction for me.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno... I guess if you think that's cool. Personally, I have zero desire to hobnob with politicians of any sort, or really a lot of people the world seems to consider 'cool' or important. I'd rather be out back cooking on my grill, or spending time with my family (wife and son, that is). If I were going to take time away from home and travel, Washington D.C. is pretty darn close to the bottom of my list in terms of places to visit.

Maybe I'm strange, or stupid, or whatever... just holds no awe or attraction for me.

Your not strange or stupid, everyone is entitled to their own views and opinions. I hate politicians as well and dc is not a place i would want to go on my own dime but if they were going to fit the bill i think it would be worth it. Personally I just think it would be a once in a lifetime thing that could not be passed up no matter who was in office. Its kind of like my dad, in a couple weeks he gets to accompany my grandpa on the freedom flight trip to D.C. that is put on for war vets. I almost got to go with my grandpa but my dad was able to go. That would be another once in a lifetime thing that if given the chance i would jump on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom