So... I found a ticking time bomb in my wall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Water heater was leaking, so I pulled it out. A little bit of sheet rock damage, no big deal. I pull the sheet rock and find this! It was fugly. I pulled on the pipe with hardly any force at all and it separated. Completely. Had this blown, it would have flooded the house and the garage with hot water. It probably started as a small leak when the house was built in '56. Anyway, I'm gonna upgrade to PEX, assuming the plumber shows up tomorrow. It's a three day wait to get a plumber in Stillwater, but that's another thread.

[/ATTACH]
IMG_5511.JPG
IMG_5513.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 137

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky. I had a similar issue with a leaking shower pan...I had it taken out, and ended up doing about a $3,500 re-build because of a similar looking issue under and behind the floor and walls around the shower. Leaking water can cause a lot of bad stuff. In fact, just last night I found myself standing in a puddle of water in front of the kitchen sink and discovered that my disposal was leaking. I pulled everything out from under the cabinet, sopped up the water, put a bucket under it, and just called the plumber. I don't have time to screw with it, I have a crew of three coming to get my old Hot Tub out of the atrium, so I can re-do the concrete pad in there before they bring my new Hot Tub in a couple of weeks.

Leaking disposals, patio doors that have to come out, ( so they can get the old tub out of the house), pieces of furniture and things to be moved so they can maneuver 900 Lbs. of dry hot tub around and out...whew! I'm getting worn out just thinking of all of it. I think I better go take a nap before all those guys get here and make me get even more tired watching them work.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the exact reason that I exposed all of my pipes when I re-plumbed my mobile home.

I know that nobody wants to see pipes nowadays,,,
But I've seen too many contractors hide shoddy work behind drywall.

If It would have been feasible to do at the time,,,
I would have exposed the wiring as well.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom