So... I found a ticking time bomb in my wall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if you have a crimper but there are small "pocket-size" crimpers you can buy for around $30.00 or as you are doing the entire house, it might be worthwhile to either rent one from Home Depot or buy one outright. I've got a couple of pocket size ones and if you were close to me I'd loan one to you. I'm in MWC.
Thanks! I'm probably gonna just buy the tool. I know they're expensive, but I'll still save a ton by doing it myself.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plumbing. Hate it. I'm in Stillwater, too. We remodeled and added on to our house a few years ago. Used the plumber recommended by the contractor. Last summer we started see water come up through the carpet on the other side of a wall adjacent to the plumbing changes we did. Dug into it and found a soldered joint NOT SOLDERED. Amazed that it held as long as it did. We have had good service from Shawn Hancock. No clue if he can get to you any quicker but he and his main hand seem to be good guys. PM me if you want the name of the "plumber" that left the joint un-soldered.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plumbing. Hate it. I'm in Stillwater, too. We remodeled and added on to our house a few years ago. Used the plumber recommended by the contractor. Last summer we started see water come up through the carpet on the other side of a wall adjacent to the plumbing changes we did. Dug into it and found a soldered joint NOT SOLDERED. Amazed that it held as long as it did. We have had good service from Shawn Hancock. No clue if he can get to you any quicker but he and his main hand seem to be good guys. PM me if you want the name of the "plumber" that left the joint un-soldered.
I just had Shawn Hancock's guy (Chris) leave the house. SHOUT OUT TO HIM!!! Holy smokes he did a good job and he was fast.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5523.JPG
IMG_5524 (1).JPG
After. Pic 2 is what came out after I crawled under the house with a demo saw. At least two pipes were 95% plugged.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had Shawn Hancock's guy (Chris) leave the house. SHOUT OUT TO HIM!!! Holy smokes he did a good job and he was fast.
Glad that worked out for you. I am always reluctant to make recommendations in case it doesn't go well but I was pretty confident in Shawn and Chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom