So I think Remington did another faux pa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct, windage at distance will be darn near impossible, I might have 1.5 full rotations of right windage left in the dial

Wouldn't that require a new base with Franken screws?

Not the mount, I pull my one piece off and put on some classic two piece hunting base and the front is cocked off to the left just ever so slightly

Screws are screws, and larger ones will work just as well as smaller ones. I would not have sent it back if someone like Steve could have fixed it for a small fee. Either way GL again.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well not to hijack the thread (well maybe) BUT it has to do with off center scope holes...My Bubba rifle, a sporterized 1917 Remington U.S. Enfield, is more or less my favorite hunting rifle. Ever. I just like it and my pops gave it to me as it was his. The front scope mount is off center and I also have to crank windage to sight it in. Never really been an issue since most places I hunt its never more that 100 yards.

BUT,

If it is off like that can the drilled holes in the reciever be filled somehow and then redrill and tap properly? I wanna say i saw a video where some were filled with a peened over plug screw then filed smooth but they were doing it for cosmetics. I would like this corrected if possible.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screws are screws, and larger ones will work just as well as smaller ones. I would not have sent it back if someone like Steve could have fixed it for a small fee. Either way GL again.
At this point, it's a bout the principle, they screwed up, so I just want it to be fixed. I know it sounds petty but I just want the dang thing to do what it's supposed to do.

I should've taken it to Steve, but he didn't mess it up.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am with you the people that built it should fix it .. you got a gun on the assumption that all was good on it, so they need to make good on it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not to hijack the thread (well maybe) BUT it has to do with off center scope holes...My Bubba rifle, a sporterized 1917 Remington U.S. Enfield, is more or less my favorite hunting rifle. Ever. I just like it and my pops gave it to me as it was his. The front scope mount is off center and I also have to crank windage to sight it in. Never really been an issue since most places I hunt its never more that 100 yards.

BUT,

If it is off like that can the drilled holes in the reciever be filled somehow and then redrill and tap properly? I wanna say i saw a video where some were filled with a peened over plug screw then filed smooth but they were doing it for cosmetics. I would like this corrected if possible.

It can be done easily by a competent gunsmith. The gun can be ruined by a not very competent smith that uses the wrong equipment.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point, it's a bout the principle, they screwed up, so I just want it to be fixed. I know it sounds petty but I just want the dang thing to do what it's supposed to do.

I should've taken it to Steve, but he didn't mess it up.

Nothing petty about it. You purchased a product and expected it to be as advertised. I have no patience for these types of issues either. When I pay for a product or service and don't receive it, I hold their feet to the fire until I get what I purchased or my money back. Hope they take care of it and don't give you the run around.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing petty about it. You purchased a product and expected it to be as advertised. I have no patience for these types of issues either. When I pay for a product or service and don't receive it, I hold their feet to the fire until I get what I purchased or my money back. Hope they take care of it and don't give you the run around.
It hit the ups truck tuesday, Friday at 9 am I got an email saying it's there, if they don't live up to my standards then it won't be pretty

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ? Did they get you fixed up ?

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.
Not yet, I got an email last Tuesday saying a Gunsmith has my rifle.....so it'll be another week if it's like last time.
But this time around I'm going to be even more critical on inspecting the rifle

Latest posts

Top Bottom