So ... LoneWolf'49 is in SSSOOOOOO much trouble now ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep, I found them the other day too. Daaaaaang their good! 12 bucks a pound, but I got about a $5 sackofem that was my all day snack.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're freeze dried. A friend of mine had some when we were at their house for the 4th of july, we ate the whole dang bag. That was actually the first time I'd had okra (yep, I'm a transplant).

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okra on the grill is my fav. Whole okra and mix in a bowl: olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, and Cavendars greek seasoning. Stir it up and brush it on the okra a few times while turning the pods so they tan evenly.
Try it, it will surprise you.
Goes good with your grilled meats.

Dayuuum, that sounds good. Luv me some Cavendars.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're freeze dried. A friend of mine had some when we were at their house for the 4th of july, we ate the whole dang bag. That was actually the first time I'd had okra (yep, I'm a transplant).

That's what I figured. GC ate a whole bag and started on another yesterday. I think an intervention might be in order ... :P

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not, it isn't a postive thing...
Sure it is. It's an Okie's response to the rest of the world, just like Sooner--we ****ing OWN that word your ignorant mind thinks is an insult.

As the line in Oklahoma Rising says, "I choke back the emotion, I'm an Okie and I'm proud, so when you call me Okie, man, you'd better say it loud!"

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it is. It's an Okie's response to the rest of the world, just like Sooner--we ****ing OWN that word your ignorant mind thinks is an insult.

As the line in Oklahoma Rising says, "I choke back the emotion, I'm an Okie and I'm proud, so when you call me Okie, man, you'd better say it loud!"

Ahhhh ... another man who wears his labels proudly! :D It's very liberating, no?? :wink2:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't be a richard and call me ignorant. Did I say that was my opinion of the word? Didn't think so. Who's the ignorant **** now? :finger:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He turned GC on to these dried, fried okra pods that he found at Crest ... :hypnotize:

O.M.G. The things are to die for!!

I'm trying to figure out how they are made. They are obviously not just fried. Anybody know? I'm thinking maybe they are dehydrated a little and then tossed in the deep fryer. Whatever they do to them, they are seriously addictive ... :drooling:

OK OK OK ... I "kinda" like them too! :D

All I was doing was trying to be a good host.

Latest posts

Top Bottom