So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most companies even Bud's has its days.
I suspect 98% of thier customers are happy.
You just tend to hear about the 2%.
I'm sorry your having a bad experience.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was just about to order from Bud's, then I read this post and I am still going to order from Bud's.

Happy Birthday and what did you buy yourself?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good experiences with Bud's on both the Gun Shop and Police Supply sides.
In fact, the customer service folks I spoke with on each of three purchases went above and beyond, IMO, to help with my piddly questions.
However, that doesn't help you - so if you are dis-satisfied call them and ask them to explain the delays. If that produces no result, well then, I guess you have every right to take your money and shop where you wish.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a gun from them this Tuesday and just got a delivery notification that it is at my FFL dealer!!!!4 days is pretty good!!!
i have bought multiple times from Bud's and find their service to be outstanding.... once i bought a used gun from them but the floor person accidentally sold it. so they sold me a new gun at the same price!!!!

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a CZ 75D PCR in 9mm.

Someone above me hit it right on the head, you do not have to be 21 to purchase a gun online. You have to be 21 to take ownership of the gun from the FFL. Buds asked for no identification at all.

Someone also asked why I didn't just buy it locally if I wanted to get it so quickly. Easy answer. My two local gun stores both quoted me more than $600 before tax to order the gun, and it would have taken both of them at least a week to get it in. Buds had the gun "in stock" and every review ever posted on their website would lead you to believe that you'll get your gun in 2-3 days tops. So I put two and two together and decided to give them a chance.

Sure, I'd love to give them another chance. When I'm ready to buy another gun, I may still buy it from Buds. At that point I'll have my new toy and at least have a handgun to keep me occupied while the new one is on the way, no matter how long it takes. I was just really excited to buy my first handgun, and that excitement that comes along with every new gun purchase has already waned away before I even get my gun. I'm sure it'll be just as exciting when it finally comes in, but at the moment it sucks big ones.

The biggest thing that gets me is that it simply shouldn't take 9 days to physically move a gun across a warehouse and get it shipped to someone. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Buds doesn't just dropship their guns, even though they're "in stock."

Latest posts

Top Bottom