So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, my biggest complaint is that they said my gun would ship within 3-7 business days. To me and probably anyone else with a brain, that means that it will be on its way to me. By Buds' logic, it seems that "ship" means that they'll move it to a different part of their warehouse for a while before it legitimately ships.

To cover my bases though, I have called my FFL just to make sure they didn't somehow ship it and forget to let me know. No dice on that one. It's pretty much obvious to me at this point that Buds didn't actually have my gun in stock. It's been in "shipping" for 3 solid business days and it still hasn't left their facility. You can say all you want that "that's the hidden cost of buying online," but it sounds to me like Buds either needs someone to audit their shipping process or quit lying about inventory.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a pretty well known fact that Bud's takes a long time to ship. It's the price you pay for a better deal. If you have to have it right now, buy local. I wouldn't bash the company for no other reason than a long wait, just like I woundn't bash a local dealer for slightly higher prices. Sometimes I have to have it right now and buy local...other times I like finding a good deal and ordering online. It's nice to have options.

Again, I'm not trying to bash them for the long wait. If they told me in advance that I should expect around two weeks before my gun shipped, then I would be 100% informed and ready for the wait. But when they say it'll ship in 7 days I expect that to be the case. So I'm bashing them for either miscommunicating the length of the wait or a false representation of what they actually have in stock.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure, but I'd guess Bud's is similar to Amazon. I doubt that anyone could afford to maintain an inventory of every gun they sell on their website, so they are basically a middleman. That said, they are at the mercy of their supplier. Could be that they were held up filling your order because they were held up by their supplier.

O

oklacowboy

I ordered a gun from Bud's just recently. Ordered on a Monday and my credit card was charged the same Monday. Exactly a week and a half later it shipped. If them sons of beaches have time to charge my credit card then they can damn well find time to ship my gun. I really don't appreciate them playing with my money and my time. If they can charge me that day they can ship it that day. How hard can it be to put it in a box. This was my first experience with them and I was not happy.

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several excellent transactions thru Bud's and Bud's Police Supply. Some of them have shipped from their location and some drop shipped from distributors. Anytime you order online you take a chance on how soon the order gets filled. If you need something in a day or two, just buy local and pick it up then and there.

HippyG22M3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year the first time I bought from them the gun was here in 2 days, the 2nd order was for 2 guns they took 2 weeks to get here. No idea why it took so long, I did not expect to wait 2 weeks, it showed all were in stock. I will order from them again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom