So the wife let me drive her car today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My '97 BMW 328 will break 100 easy... for that matter, I could set the cruise on my first car, a '98 Saturn SL2 at 100+. Those two cars are more than fast enough for any citizen. No one should own more than that.

Which is why I want an e39 M5. 400hp V8 through a 6 speed manual in a 4 door sedan.
zeckhausen.com_images_Cars_BMW_E39_E39_M5_Jason_Tang.JPG

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 94 thunderbird shuts down at 109. I've had my Omni around 130. Parents' 2009 STI I've had it to 125. Wife's trailblazer. Hell I don't know.
I'm not really into top speed though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had a good radar detector I'd drive like an idiot. That's why I don't have one.

I've been running one for better than 10 years now.
The new instant-on radars that some county's and the OHP are running now make it pretty hard to detect them before they get you.

#1 thing, is to not be the leader of the pack on a long stretch of road with no traffic. If your in traffic, they can be picked up a mile or two in advance when they trigger on cars in front of you.
If not, and your driving, your reaction time isn't quick enough. Trust me on this.

All that being said, I wouldn't be on the road without one.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can drive like an idiot in daytime traffic and never see a cop, but god forbid I open up alittle bit at 2AM when there isn't a headlight or taillight in sight, you can be sure that I will be talking to Johnny Law in no time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom