So there is a blurb in the scroller on ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't found any source that indicates the kid he shot was the same kid that abused Sprocket. Facebook rumor by people from the Lawton area seem to indicate the shooting might be related to a truck that was stolen from the guy a few days ago.

Eta: This article says the boy that abused Sprocket was 8 years old.

http://www.kswo.com/2018/10/18/update-charges-recommended-against-minor-lawton-dog-abuse-case/

This article about the shooting says the deceased was a high school student.

https://www.koco.com/article/owner-...ested-on-2nd-degree-murder-complaint/25475778

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember where I saw it but recently I saw a meme that said... or something of the like....

"Hurt me and I may forgive you........ Hurt my family or animals and you will find out the definition of temporary insanity."

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh, that's interesting because that is a direct quote from the scroller and the short bit they did clearly made it seem like the shooter had killed the kid who had abused the dog.

Journalism at it's finest. Guess I should not be surprised ... :coffee2: Next time I'll try and snag a link from somewhere before I post something I've seen on "the news". Sorry for the misinformation guys ...

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh, that's interesting because that is a direct quote from the scroller and the short bit they did clearly made it seem like the shooter had killed the kid who had abused the dog.

Journalism at it's finest. Guess I should not be surprised ... :coffee2: Next time I'll try and snag a link from somewhere before I post something I've seen on "the news". Sorry for the misinformation guys ...
Right. There is no doubt in my mind the news was intentionally misleading to increase views. It wouldn't have taken much for them to clarify the incidents weren't related.

The only possible connection between the dog story and the shooting I've seen is tenuous at best. A former admin for Sprocket's facebook group says the guy spent some of the GoFundMe money raised for the dog on a set of tires for his truck and a gun.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. There is no doubt in my mind the news was intentionally misleading to increase views. It wouldn't have taken much for them to clarify the incidents weren't related.

The only possible connection between the dog story and the shooting I've seen is tenuous at best. A former admin for Sprocket's facebook group says the guy spent some of the GoFundMe money raised for the dog on a set of tires for his truck and a gun.

Once the vet announced that he was treating Sprocket for free I asked Grumpy what would happen to the GFM $$$s. He said he didn't know but he figured the guy wouldn't give it back because it was probably already spent. Lo and behold ...

I try not to be a cynic but some days its REALLY hard ... :disappoin

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have to agree. Gofundme can be a great way to help someone who needs it. But a lot of times the money ends up going to other things especially when someone steps up and says hey me or someone I know will help you out for free. Some people just use it to fund their lifestyle but there are others who turn around and donate the money to something similar to their own situation or need.

The article did say that money was supposed to be donated to the clinic but who knows if that really happened.

As far as the shooting they are so vague on details there is no telling what happened. Sadly once interest drops off they will probably not update with any details until months after the court cases are done.

Ok animal cruelty statutes https://www.oda.state.ok.us/ogc/anc.pdf

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wouldn't worry to much about it. An 8 year old serial killer in the making or thieving little punk teenager, both are worthless and need some kind of punishment. Death penalty by a citizen, probably not. Irregardless the little torturer needs the **** beat of him for his actions.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about it. An 8 year old serial killer in the making or thieving little punk teenager, both are worthless and need some kind of punishment. Death penalty by a citizen, probably not. Irregardless the little torturer needs the **** beat of him for his actions.

Don't disagree with ya there. Sometimes the "punishment" is not enough, sometimes it's too much -- luck of the draw when you are "out in public" misbehaving. As a mom, I can say these 2 kids are a page outta my worse nightmare. It would be extremely difficult for me not to beat the everloving **** outta either one of them. And truth is, I probably would have. But that's the difference in me and a lot of moms. I was willing to do what a dad in our home, if I hadn't had such miserable taste in men, would have done. So many moms just can't bring themselves to be BOTH Mom and Dad, even when it is clearly in their child's best interest. I cannot imagine how either PARENT doesn't look in the mirror and wonder where they went wrong.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't disagree with ya there. Sometimes the "punishment" is not enough, sometimes it's too much -- luck of the draw when you are "out in public" misbehaving. As a mom, I can say these 2 kids are a page outta my worse nightmare. It would be extremely difficult for me not to beat the everloving **** outta either one of them. And truth is, I probably would have. But that's the difference in me and a lot of moms. I was willing to do what a dad in our home, if I hadn't had such miserable taste in men, would have done. So many moms just can't bring themselves to be BOTH Mom and Dad, even when it is clearly in their child's best interest. I cannot imagine how either PARENT doesn't look in the mirror and wonder where they went wrong.
Sometimes it's not the parent; some people are just "broken" (for lack of a better term), and no amount of parenting can fix it. I do actually know someone like that, and he's been in the Illinois pen for the last two decades (since not long after his eighteenth birthday) serving a sentence of life without parole. His grandmother and grandfather tried everything they could to set him on the right path, but in the end, he was just broken, and couldn't be fixed.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes it's not the parent; some people are just "broken" (for lack of a better term), and no amount of parenting can fix it. I do actually know someone like that, and he's been in the Illinois pen for the last two decades (since not long after his eighteenth birthday) serving a sentence of life without parole. His grandmother and grandfather tried everything they could to set him on the right path, but in the end, he was just broken, and couldn't be fixed.

Yep, I hear ya. I'm a fixer. EVERYTHING is my fault if I ponder it long enough ... :disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom