So there is a blurb in the scroller on ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Dennis, have you ever watched the special titled "Kemper on Kemper - Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer"?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9154456/

The gist is that serial killer Ed Kemper was incredibly open and forthright about the inner workings of his mind. Two FBI agents interviewed him extensively. Those interviews and a questionnaire developed from those interviews became the backbone of the FBI's serial killer profiling techniques.

Anyway, one of the early signs of a budding serial killer is the torture of animals. It's a way for them to take their rage out on something else and regain some of their lost power. It's not an automatic predictor, but an overwhelming number of serial killers started with animals as their first animate victims.

Obviously not all animal torturers become serial killers. If the abuse of the tormented person stops before they act, they're redeemable. Once they do the deeds and get that high, they're usually gone for good. Kemper is the outlier. He killed a total of ten people (two he was caught and committed for, the rest after he was released). Then he stopped and turned himself in, confessed and never stopped cooperating. At one of his parole hearings he even said "society is not ready in any shape of form for me. I can't blame them for that." He has an IQ of 145 and is incredibly self-aware.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Back to the point, few things would ever trigger me to remove all the safeties on my inner beast. I can say without reservation that torturing one of the beloved pet members of my family is one of them. People identify with the John Wick character for this exact reason.

I've watched Kemper on Kemper several times. He was something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom