So We Are Thinking About Raising Speed Limits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me how fast or how slow anyone drives as long as they are consistent and don't impede traffic or whip in and out of lanes in an abrupt manner. I've always thought if I turned my turn signal on it meant I was telling those in the other lane that I need over and am looking in my mirror for a clear shot. It doesn't mean FU I'm coming over.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always thought if I turned my turn signal on it meant I was telling those in the other lane that I need over and am looking in my mirror for a clear shot. It doesn't mean FU I'm coming over.
See, there's your problem. Turn signals are really there to confuse the enemy.

You know, like when you're in the left turn lane, signaling a left turn, then make a right turn across two lanes of traffic...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps if they would improve the turnpike road surface the increased speed would be acceptable but they have a heck of a lot of wrecks on I-44. Personally, I think they are going to have. a lot more wrecks, people tailgate, come over a hill and there is some slow semi or old pickup plugging along and wham! This ain't your momma's Autobahn..

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know when I travel that I like the faster speed limits, but other states have better roads. You bounce across the turnpike bridges north of Yukon at 65. Oklahoma doesn't build roads for 80 mph. I wish they did.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shouldn’t even have a speed limit. Just look at the autobahn. There are hardly any accidents on it. Limits are just like every other stupid law our corrupt government enacts. They say it’s for our safety when in actuality it has nothing to do with safety. It’s all about money.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know when I travel that I like the faster speed limits, but other states have better roads. You bounce across the turnpike bridges north of Yukon at 65. Oklahoma doesn't build roads for 80 mph. I wish they did.
Having traveled over a lot of miles of Texas highways over the last two months, I can say that their highways aren't much, if any, better than ours. They have some truly awful 75mph 2-lane highways way down Texas way...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The Cimarron Turnpike is ridiculous. It's the only turnpike I use, and that's rare fortunately. It's so rough that we can't keep drinks in the cup holders and any where there's a bridge, brace for impact when driving on to and off of the bridges................as in the rear of the truck leaves the ground and my traction light comes on. I know a 2012 F350 is no caddy but good Lord!! I've lost a spare tire, broke a spare tire cable, and 3 of 4 lug nut covers since September.

Latest posts

Top Bottom