Someone, please, kill me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can keep a secret and promise to tell nobody...I mean nobody...I will give you the secret recipe to avoid clothes shopping. One word - flatulence

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What works good for the wife and I, is that the first time we went out shopping for her stuff, I bit my tongue and bided my time until she was through. It was quite a long time. She was tired and ready to go home, and I said "Sorry, its my turn now." I proceeded to take her shopping everywhere I wanted to go (which were mostly places she doesn't really care to spend much time in) and I spent exactly the same amount of time that she did. I told her on the way home that, "From now on, however much shopping you get to do and I gotta tag along, thats how much more shopping that we get to do shopping for my stuff." She got the point right off the bat, and its never been an issue since. Now, its bum rush the shopping and get the hell out and back home. The money part, I don't really care about because she's very thrifty, but for me its the time investment that kills me.

P.S. - you can only spend so much time walking around Home Depot and Lowes, before you've seen it all twice and its like beating a dead horse. Love me some Bass Pro and H&H though!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank God the shopping strip in Midwest City on 29th has a Vintage Stock, a Target, Best Buy, Lowe's, etc. She can go to Payless shoes, Catherine's, Ulta, etc. but she knows full well we'll have to hit those places as well when she's done.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my Worst Days ever: Driving down the road with my wife (she was driving), mother in law, and teenage daughter. Wife: "We're going to pull in to Penn Square real quick". Me: " (thinking to myself; "oh crap"). Silence. Outcome: Hours and hours later, as the last of my testosterone drains away and I sit obediantly and quietly in the "man chair" of yet another womens clothing/shoe store holding all three purses, wife says the dreaded words: "Does this dress make me look fat?" Me: " No dear, but you keep eatin' the three enchilada plate like you did at lunch and that might do it". Outcome"... testosterone gone, checkbook likewise cleared, silent treatment and a salad for dinner.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has pretty much learned to leave me home when she goes shopping. The only trade-off to this is, when she gets home, I get the "look what I bought" show. Everything comes out of the bags and I have to look at every little item. I'm still working my way out of that routine.

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at Sam Moon in Dallas doing the same!!!! Thank goodness for smartphones and the web!!!!! Lol

Bur I get even when my 600 round ammo and Bayonet order from CMP hits the Door!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom