Someone tried to hack my OSA account 51 times..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pinged and checked a few other choice things on the IP it is currently active and if I were you I would definitely be changing any and all passwords you can. Whoever it is does this often by the look of their system.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say trying a forum account that likely is less secure than say a bank account can get them an e-mail addy. Then they hope you use the same password for that, then find an e-mail from your bank or credit card co...then hope you use the same password for that. I'd change some passwords. I use www.lastpass.com so I can have different, secure passwords for everything without having to remember them all. Just a thought.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto on what Skyydiver said.

They'll try an account on a system that seems irrelevant like a forum that may not get noticed. If it works, then they'll start expanding to more significant things like online shopping, banks, etc.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say trying a forum account that likely is less secure than say a bank account can get them an e-mail addy. Then they hope you use the same password for that, then find an e-mail from your bank or credit card co...then hope you use the same password for that. I'd change some passwords. I use www.lastpass.com so I can have different, secure passwords for everything without having to remember them all. Just a thought.

This is why I love my fingerprint reader! I have the one built into my laptop and bought an external for my desktop. Everything has a different password, and my bank stuff is like 16 digits long! Plus I keep a written list in the safe. I try to change them all every 6 months to a year...

Latest posts

Top Bottom