Sooooo fing pissed at ATT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They all suck. They know they deal in a product that most everyone wants and therefore can treat you like you're the spokesperson for a leper colony. AT&T, Cox, Windstream, Dish, DirecTV, yep they all can pucker up and below me.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the exception of streaming media content like netflix or hulu the content provider is normally the bottle neck. The star wars old republic game is a 25 gig download and people overpaying for 50mbs internet speed did not get it any faster than people with 3mbs internet speeds because the providers end only allowed a max 2 mbs download. Thats one of the fastest downloads I have seen in a long time. I regularly have to download large image files from software vendors, IBM and microsoft typically .5 to .75 mbs is a fast download. Only reason I pay for more is because I do stream from hulu, netflix, and amazon prime. Don't buy into the super speed hype. For gaming 3mbs is fine, signal quality is more important.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my 'hood, you tend to hang up on people with ATT. I can't talk to you and walk into the kitchen. My neighbor has to go into his garage and put the call on speaker phone. I even upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket CIA, FBI, NSA super duper phone. It hung up on more people than my 3GS. Took it back. The rep at the ATT store actually lives in my hood and he has the same problem. I wonder if it is superdave65?.... Did I mention there is a tower 1 mile south and another one 3 miles west? I won't even post the CS troubles with ATT...

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also recommend you check into a wifi option. Where I live, I cannot get any high speed as Cox or Att doesn't offer it here. My option was dial up or Hughes Net Satellite (which was expensive). Airosurf offers a wifi solution. They installed an antenna on the top of my house that points to a line of sight receiver and now I receive hi speed for $49 per month.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my ATT internet. I looked into @link, and came very close to giving ATT the boot. If not for the price, I'd probably be an @link customer at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom