Speaking of tacos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the one that's right downtown? I think I've seen it but we haven't been there. I do recall some locals I've talked to that said it changed for some reason a year or two ago and the food isn't nearly as good as it was.

We might try it in the next week or two.
Have you tried Torres in the mall north of Tractor Supply? Not bad!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For chain Mexican fast food, Taco Casa is my favorite, but I don’t find Taco Bell or Taco Bueno food to be offensive. I’ve eaten at the Bueno by the mall in Shawnee several times and the Bell a couple times, but it’s been a while.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
For chain Mexican fast food, Taco Casa is my favorite, but I don’t find Taco Bell or Taco Bueno food to be offensive. I’ve eaten at the Bueno by the mall in Shawnee several times and the Bell a couple times, but it’s been a while.
Those are good for eating when you're hungry, drunk, or on a road trip. But if you are hankering for Mexican food, then not so much.
I do think the best sh*tty tacos are the two-fer fried tacos at Jack in the Box. They are delicious, especially after multiple adult beverages.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not being mean here but in my humble experience, I always go were the Mexican American's go.
No offense at all, they know their food and what's good, so I go where they go when the wife and I want some real Mexican food.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The Taco Bueno in Shawnee used to be pretty good but the last few years before it closed it wasn't very good. I haven't been back since they reopened in the last year or so.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pretty much always go to Morelos just off I-35 in Moore when we want good tacos and other authentic Mexican food.........never have gone for supper but if you go for lunch you'd best be there by 11:00 to beat the crowd.

They only have it on Sat. & Sun. but they make a darn good bowl of menudo also.

View attachment 267306
My crazy ex used to get these chicken thighs marinated in spices there. They were so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom