Spoiled/out of date milk...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When does this happen? We've all had it happen to us...you have a glass of milk and cookies before bedtime, then the next morning, you pour some milk on your frosted flakes, and -BOOM!

It dun went bad. :puke:

My question is...at what moment does it go from good to bad? Is it like instantaneous? Does go sour gradually, like in a few minutes or maybe an hour? I wonder... :scratch:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Every time you open the lid it’s exposed to ‘dirty’ air. Leave your gas cans with the cap off and it will sour much faster too.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually remember this one from Bacteriology class, well approximately, anyway.
It does not instantly turn, but you notice it when enough has changed that you can taste it. If you put it back in the fridge, it was already partly changed the night before.
Left out in hot weather, dairy can spoil in the time of the average picnic! ;)

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question. I don't think it "flashes" and is suddenly sour, 'cause I've had some that tasted off a bit before going full-blown bad.

I did learn to check the date on convenience store chocolate milk though... :D

EDIT: Yikes, I must be typing at the speed of turtle... GED's post was the only one when I started this reply. :hithead:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite sure but the dog doesn't mind sour milk.. Plus it's not really milk anymore, just something that resembles it and has a MUCH longer shelf life than it did years ago..
The longer shelf life may be partly due to better refrigeration than back when we were pups. ;)

And I wouldn't use the dog as a yardstick... they don't mind dead armadillos either.
:drunk2:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
:laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup:
11ou59.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom