Spoiled/out of date milk...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid....

My dad would come into the kitchen when he had been outside...fishing..working on his truck..using the tractor..etc. He would walk to the refrigerator and take the milk jug, open it, and drink from the milk jug. While he would do this you could hear my mother yelling...get a glass.....use a glass....pour that into a glass...I hope you're not drinking milk from the carton/jug!!!!

Well this went on and finally my mother got tired of it....

One day at the store she bought an extra jug of milk. Without anyone seeing her(when we got home) she put that jug in the garage for a few days and let it...well....umm....let's say "age".

She put it in the fridge one morning and told me NOT to drink it, it was a special treat for dad later on that day when he would come in from the field.

She was at the kitchen table reading the newspaper and I was watching tv that afternoon when dad came inside the house. She just kept reading that newspaper...you know...when you hold it up in front of your face....and didn't say a word.

My dad goes to the fridge...grabs that jug...opens it and takes a quick swig:

giphy.gif

That.....was the defining moment when my dad learned to pour milk into a glass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom