Spouse of felon and firearms...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get with one of the universities is MO that has a law school and ask the dean of the school to present the question to their students. They can research it and prepare a brief based on their findings. Might be a fun project for the law school students and free for you!

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interestingly enough in my first semester of law school I had to write a paper dealing with constructive possession. One of the cases I used in this paper (not oklahoma case law) regarded a known Felon being inside the home with a firearm. Technically in order for there to be constructive possession (dependent entirely on the district) you must have knowledge and the power and intention to exercise dominion and control over something, whether it be drugs or firearms. In that case, because he Knew the exact location of the firearm and was domiciled at the residence, he was found guilty of constructive possession of the firearm even though it belonged to his wife.

My guess...not a good idea. I would consult a local attorney to see if there is any alegal way that he can have a firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom